Author Topic:  JF finger picks
Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2018 10:53 am    

Jim I'll buy your picks, PM sent about payment. Thanks Joey

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2018 11:13 am    

Now we have a secondary market for fingerpicks. This shortage might start driving up the prices.

I better start polishing up my little stash of Nationals!

Laughing

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2018 11:13 am     Thanks

I sent you a PM. Thanks.

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2018 3:57 pm     Picks

Lee, It's hard to make a killing at $25.00 when you spend $8.00 on shipping and make two trips to the post office. That's for two sets of picks with a couple of thumb pick thrown in. Just saying.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2018 4:06 pm    

www.elderly.com They have the Showcase picks mentioned here. Also the Nationals NP2. Both are the same gauge and very similar to the JF picks though you might have to do some shaping....and, look around, they are having some of these cobalt plated. They are priced very fairly.

I think I have a lifetime supply of JF's and I really like them. I would buy a set or two every time I saw them at the conventions or sometimes just order some when the thought occurred to me...no, I don't want to sell any of them.

I'm glad to hear Melissa is carrying on the Jeffran tradition and I wish only the best for them...certainly don't want to take business away, but...if you need picks, well you need 'em. These picks from Elderly will fill your bill until you get your JF order and they won't break the bank.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2018 5:29 pm    

Just curious. Are these picks showing up in anyone's mailbox yet?? I am set for now, but hoping that they become READILY available soon.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 7:40 am    

Any news yet? No one answers the phone and the mailbox for the phone says it is full. so I can't leave a message.

Nick Holden

North Dakota, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 7:46 am    

I haven't heard anything yet either, hope something happens soon, this is getting old.!!!!

Nick Holden

North Dakota, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 7:46 am    

I haven't heard anything yet either, hope something happens soon, this is getting old.!!!!

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 9:28 am    

Nep. Sent her an email informing that she needs to stop "ghosting" on people.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 11:23 am    

I finally got an answer. Melissa said that the picks are tied up in "customs" and she has to do more paperwork.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 7:16 pm    

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 18 Nov 2018 1:58 pm; edited 9 times in total

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 8:29 pm    

Mark Greenway wrote:
What a bunch of BS.

How can they be tied up in customs when she said they have been received and sent out for polishing.

Give Me A Break!

Mark,
I am just telling you what she told me and it is in the email that I have from her also.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 8:54 pm    

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 18 Nov 2018 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 9:18 pm    

Mark Greenway wrote:
Oh Gary, that was not at all directed at you. Not at all. I totally believe you.

What a bunch of BS from her, not you.

I edited my wording. Sorry you took it that way. My bad.

Mark,
It's all good. I just thought you were upset with me, LOL.

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 12:55 pm    

After 9 months, I have no expectations of ever getting the picks.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 1:07 pm    

Hook Moore wrote:
After 9 months, I have no expectations of ever getting the picks.

I got an email from her and she said that I could get my money back or store credit. I asked for my money to be returned, and now, she doesn't answer her phone or return my emails. PAYPAL said they won't refund my money back after 180 days, so no help from them. I think that B0b should ban her from the forum, but that's just my opinion, and I'll probably get flames from it.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 2:22 pm    

Way too many complaints.

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 12 Oct 2018 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2018 2:30 pm    

This is a sensitive issue since it involves money from you folks. I personally knew Jeff and Fran and visited their place a few times and every time they treated me like their own son. They were both great people who would help anyone/anyway they could. I don't know Melissa personally but I know she was raised right and by some of the best parents. I don't know the situation with the pics but can't help but feel, and willing to bet, she is trying her best to make it right. She is most likely trying to get her feet on the ground with this business and I feel she is doing us a great service by continuing to produce and sell Jeff's training materials. So, I know it's been a while with some of you but ask that you be patient with her and give her a chance to make it right... pics or money return. No doubt she will. I have ordered a few thing from her recently and the products are ALWAYS sent right out so I know her hearts in the right place.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2018 3:35 pm    

Dave Diehl wrote:
This is a sensitive issue since it involves money from you folks. I personally knew Jeff and Fran and visited their place a few times and every time they treated me like their own son. They were both great people who would help anyone/anyway they could. I don't know Melissa personally but I know she was raised right and by some of the best parents. I don't know the situation with the pics but can't help but feel, and willing to bet, she is trying her best to make it right. She is most likely trying to get her feet on the ground with this business and I feel she is doing us a great service by continuing to produce and sell Jeff's training materials. So, I know it's been a while with some of you but ask that you be patient with her and give her a chance to make it right... pics or money return. No doubt she will. I have ordered a few thing from her recently and the products are ALWAYS sent right out so I know her hearts in the right place.

You know something Dave? You are right. I was raised by some pretty good parents myself, so if you will just send me one of those pick-ups that you have listed for sale, I will pay you in a year or so. After all, my heart is in the right place. If I am a few months late paying you, just be patient with me and I will make it right with you, or is it different when it is your money?

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2018 4:14 pm    

Too funny.

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 13 Oct 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 10:58 am    

Well, my point Gary is that she has been very responsive on other materials we have ordered. I personally can attest to that. I do not know what the situation is with the pics. I just know we are dealing with reputable folks and don't believe they deserve comments like "ban her". Many of us would not be playing today were it not for the Newmans.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 6:47 pm    

Smile

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 13 Oct 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brian Saulsman

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 8:04 pm    

I’m with Dave. Sometimes things don’t work out the way people expect. It would take a heck of a lot of undelivered picks for me to start posting my judgements about others on a public forum.
The Newman family has had an immense and positive impact on the steel community over a long period of time. I’m of the belief that she isn’t trying to ruin that reputation for a item that retails for less than $10.
All the best.
Brian Saulsman

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 8:10 pm    

I'm of the belief that she isn't trying to keep the reputation for an item that retails for less than $10.

Over and Out.