The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Steel/ Mandolin Tune with RealTracks
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 7:17 pm    

I used EZDrummer for the drum tracks on this tune. Bass was a real bass direct to console. Steel, guitar and mandolin was mic'ed with a Shure SM-57 and played through an Allen Encore Tube amp using the built in amp reverb.

Hear Mandolin Hop

Although I have EZKeys for keyboards I had more luck with this tune using the BIAB RealBand Real Tracks. I also used RealBand for the organ on the intro and the fiddle.

The process is real simple. Just enter the chords for one verse of the intro into RealBand. Adjust the tempo and base key to match the Reaper file (all live Zoom R24 tracks and RealBand tracks were ported to Reaper and mixed/mastered there). Go to Generate and select the instrument focusing on ones that are close to the tempo and desired style. I always use MultiRiff which gives me a choice of seven tracks to choose from. Select the desired version from MultiRiff and transfer the track to Reaper as a wav file. It takes a few seconds to properly locate the file in Reaper to match the timing.

It took me about an hour and a half to select, generate and transfer the organ, piano and fiddle parts to Reaper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

John N Norris

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2018 5:28 pm     Real tracks

Nice tune. I enjoyed it
Thanks for sharing Greg