Andy Schick

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 6:58 am    

Thoughts!!!

-A

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 7:07 am    

I tried that once. Quickly changed it back. The Webb and K130/E130 are a perfect match and nothing will give you the response of that JBL. The amp will be lighter though.

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 2:16 pm    

I’d try this one. It’d probably sound closer to the K130. Lot of people using these. I’m thinking of trying one in my NV400.

Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2018 2:21 am    

I had a Twin Reverb with a JBL K-130 speaker. When I first tried the EPS-15C my first impression was "this sounds like the JBL K-130 I had". That's no coincidence since the EPS-15C was designed to be a replacement for the Peavey 1501-4 BW speaker which according to Mike Brown at Peavey the 1501-4 was designed to be a high power clone of the JBL that was originally used in the Session 400.

Nick Reed blew the JBL in his Webb amp while here in Florida. He ordered an Eminence EPS-15C and I installed it for him. He is happy with the EPS-15C (and the lighter weight).

One note, the EPS-15C does require a "break in" period.

Olli Haavisto

Jarvenpaa,Finland
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2018 5:30 am    

Jack is right. If you replace an old JBL with a new EPS it won`t be a fair comparison. Give it time... It still won`t be a JBL but a very good sounding steel guitar speaker in it`s own right.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2018 6:55 am    

I'm playing through rack gear, a Rev and Carvin HT400 power head(dual outputs)and into two EPS-15C speakers in separate cabinets. Best sound I ever had. As Jack said, requires "break in". This is my studio and live play gear.
You can play through a bass speaker, but the high end efficiency will usually drop off around 2000hz which sounds a little sterile in higher frequency output. IMHO, I would rather cut back on the treble and presence controls rather than increase. The 130 JBL and EPS-15C allows the total sound of the strings, guitar body and pickups to breath.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Jeff Porter

Stumptown, OR, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2018 8:09 am    

I had the chance to try a broken in Telonics back to back with a K130 when I had my Webb. The JBL was a little sweeter, but it was close enough that I figured with the band playing no one could tell the difference. With a little tweeking on the eq it was really close. I left the Telonics in the amp and sold the JBL. The weight savings was worth it to me (YMMV).

Norm Fletcher

Ashland, OR
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2018 8:07 am    

Weber California 15” with their 150 watt bass speaker coil. A dead ringer for the JBL 130 series. Talk to the guys at Weber and they’ll help. Works well with my Webb 6-14.

Norm Fletcher

Ashland, OR
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2018 5:54 pm    

Weber California 15” with their 150 watt bass speaker coil. A dead ringer for the JBL 130 series. Talk to the guys at Weber and they’ll help. Works well with my Webb 6-14.

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2018 5:18 pm    

Ive tried both in a WEBB. The EPS15 C sounded good, but went back to the K130. It was heavier, but sounded sweeter.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2018 1:37 am    

The EPS-15C requires a break in period. It will sound bright initially but after a little use it sweetens up. You can't compare a new EPS-15C to an old well used JBL.