The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud S-10 4X4 Left Handed Lefty Pedal Steel Guitar $1550
Mark Addeo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 5:50 pm    

This is a left handed Sho-Bud S-10 pedal steel guitar. I bought it and converted it to left-handed PSG because it was the perfect symmetrical platform to start with. It is now an awesome playing and sounding PSG in a great compact package. Everything works beautifully, smoothly and with really nice action. Very easy to play with great ergonomics.

The copedant is pretty much a standard E9 Emmons with 3 pedals and 4 knee levels but also has a 4th "zero" pedal that currently is not hooked up.

There are two bellcranks in place for this pedal so adding some rods and sliding the bellcranks as you would like would enable the zero pedal to change two strings. Otherwise, simply use the A,B & C pedals and 4 knee levers and you are all set.

Also note that the D knee lever raises the following:

String 1 from F# to G#
String 2 from D# to E

This unique Sho-Bud S-10 which started its life as a Sho-Bud Maverick but was completely gutted and upgraded first by John Coop and then James Morehead and lastly by me as a lefty conversion.

Some parts are Sho-Bud originals, others were built by John, James or bought from PSGparts.com. It features a Gumby keyhead, raised fretboard, triple raise/double lower changer, adjustable return springs and brand new Grover rotomatic 102V tuners. Also, I added a new set of 4 pedal rods.

According to the original seller the Maverick Keyhead area was filled with wood and then the cabinet sprayed a tobacco sunburst to black finish. The front is in great shape and sports a proper Sho-Bud decal. The back (previously front) has some divots from old Maverick badge.

Also, according to the previous seller the changer accepts 5 split tuning screws (see photo of changer end). I will include the screws. I didn't use them as I am not an advanced player.

It has a great sounding Tonealigner adjustable pole piece pickup installed.

According to the person I purchased it from the pedal rack was lost in transit and a new one was made. It is aluminum and fully functional wingnut through the legs attachment type design. It was polished and now has an original Sho-Bud metallic sticker in the right place.

Also two of the four knee levers have not been polished. The leg socket inserts were upgraded to accept standard 1/2-13 threaded legs. Everything is aligned and trued up nicely.

I bought this and used it to leave and friends house for practice. It is really a great PSG. Don't let the Maverick name fool you. It is a beautiful maple cabinet that now has all pro parts including changer, neck, keyhead, tuners, linkage, pedals, rods etc.

Unfortunately I do not have a case. It will be packed safely with bubble wrap to ensure nothing bangs, dings or gets damaged in transit.

$1550 Shipped to the lower 48 states.

Let me know if you have any questions etc.

thanks!

Last edited by Mark Addeo on 22 Sep 2018 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mark Addeo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 1:57 pm     Sho-Bud S-10 video

Hi, here is a YouTube link. Apologies for the Blair witch camera style. I just go thru the pedals and levers, all open with no bar so you can hear how nicely this pedal steel plays in tune. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60xT6nLtVaI