The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fults Proto-1 Pedal Steel Guitar... NEW PICS OF UNDERSIDE...
Brad Fults

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2018 4:14 am    

Sonny Jenkins wrote:
How did he get that anodized, copper look to some of the components? Love that added color!!!

Hi Sonny, is what your lookin at the brass components on underside? there are 2 copper indian head pennys on top, but im sure that's not what your askin about... the brass components on underside are solid brass Sonny. Let me know if your referring to somethin else bud and take care... Brad.

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 10:03 pm    

Yes amazing machine work. Any clips on the sound?

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2018 10:35 am    

I played this guitar in March at the SISGS and fell in love. It plays great and sounds great too. It's different from anything ever built. I was amazed.

Ivan Posa

Hamilton, New Zealand
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 3:05 pm    

Brad, superb engineering, if the tone is there, you are on to a winner.

Brad Fults

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2018 6:53 pm    

Godfrey Arthur wrote:
Yes amazing machine work. Any clips on the sound?

Hi Godfrey, if you go to my FaceBook (Brad Fults) I reposted some clips there right on top... Thanks for your interest and feel free with any other questions...

Brad Fults

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2018 8:33 pm    

Ivan Posa wrote:
Brad, superb engineering, if the tone is there, you are on to a winner.

Hi Ivan, If you go to my facebook(Brad Fults) I just posted some videos of her being played by Johnny Cox and many more... Feel free with any questions and Thank you for your kind words bud.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2018 9:59 am    

Holy thumbscrews Batman! Actual tuning pegs for fine tuning the changers? Now that is innovation. I thought those tuning pegs alongside the fretboard were just decorative, which was cool enough...

I don’t suppose a close up of how that all works is possible? Or is Dad keeping that trade secret to himself until the patent is approved?

Brad Fults

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2018 3:24 am    

Fred Treece wrote:
Holy thumbscrews Batman! Actual tuning pegs for fine tuning the changers? Now that is innovation. I thought those tuning pegs alongside the fretboard were just decorative, which was cool enough...

I don’t suppose a close up of how that all works is possible? Or is Dad keeping that trade secret to himself until the patent is approved?

Hello Fred, Dad is workin on the first 4 in production and taking names on a list of potential buyers for each one... Dad has received patents on numerous things in past and patents on the things in this steel is up in the air still... patents are so $$$$ and with his design there will need to be multiple patents applied for, so big $$$$… and the truth to it is, a patent can be a big waist by a new design with a simple little change in something minor to avoid copy rights... One of the best things Dad has going is that he is the original designer, maker, and innovator of it all... that is worth its weight in gold in most cases... Dad will be done with the first 4 he's making months down the road here... we will see how it stands at that time. He may just get 1 patent on 1 component and not the rest, or all, or none... time will tell Winking … Thanx for the Q. Fred and feel free w/any others or input, Brad Fults

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2018 10:33 am    

I’m sure buyers will find these instruments, Brad. I am a relatively new player and my eye for quality may not be as refined as others with more experience, but even I can see that this steel guitar is at or near the Top of the Top as far as design and construction goes. If it plays and sounds as good as it looks, there will soon be a few very happy pickers out there.

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 7:09 pm    

Fults banjo tailpieces are well respected in the banjo world. It's interesting to learn of someone who is a true innovator in all things he touches.

Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2018 2:14 pm    

Fine tuners? Or are they pedal stop tuners like you'd normally find in the cutout at the right end plate? Looks like they're stopped at the cross shaft instead of at the fingers. Seems like that could work fine on a basic E9 but might get hairy real quick on a fully loaded and compensated D10 or U12 w/around 35+ changes. Love to get a closer look at all that.