The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Las Vegas Trip
Andy Zahnd

Switzerland
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 11:00 am    

Hi there... I will be in Las Vegas from September 21th to 23th and from October 12th to 14th. Is there somewhere good livemusic with Steel? I would love to hear some great picking.... (and maybe some fine Country Music) Very Happy

Andy Zahnd

Switzerland
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 10:38 am    

Well--- sad but trough...
no pickig at all ? Crying or Very sad

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 4:16 pm    

I would like to know about this also. I usually visit Vegas once a year but am a tourist who sees mostly the Strip and Fremont St. locations. I have yet to see any pedal steel playing. They do have outdoor concerts on Fremont St.. Possibly some group might play someday with a PSG player but that wouldn’t be my venue choice for some good country music listening anyway. I would prefer a nice little nightclub/bar with drinks and a chair. Hopefully some locals read this thread and can offer some local insight.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 5:44 pm     Law Vegas trip

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe....People go to Vegas for a number of reasons, and none of them have a thing to do with wanting to hear fiddles, steel guitars, and good country music. A better hunting ground might be a nearby town like Henderson. Maybe there are real cowboys and the real deal, hard working, native Nevadians there that would support a good old country honky tonk.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 7:44 am    

I've been there 3 times, most recently this year. Very little in the way of live bands other than Fremont and the big name acts. Don't pass up on the scooter trip through Red Rock Canyon though. It's better than steel guitars!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger