The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A Lesson With Buck Reid- Wow!
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2018 7:46 am    

Took the plunge and did a skype lesson with Buck yesterday. Buck was very open and easy to communicate with. He asked me what I was looking for, I told him and he delivered big time. We did an hour on E9 & an hour on C6th and I can honestly say that 10 minutes into the lesson I already felt like I got my money's worth. Completly opened my eyes to new concepts in positions I (and all of us) have been playing since day one. It wasn't cheap, but when you consider you're getting personalized instruction from one of the top players out there today, it was worth every penny. Basically, it was like investing the pay from one gig for a boatload of new ideas.
As a wise man said, " Cheap things are rarely good, and good things are rarely cheap". Definitely will do it again!

Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2018 9:25 am    

I just did the same thing - agreed 100%! Buck is incredible, and an excellent teacher

I should mention that I also have done a couple Skype lessons with Travis Toy, also with amazing results

We are very very lucky to have access to the worlds greatest steel players in our homes - the new technology isn’t all bad!!!!

Fish

Post  Posted 3 Aug 2018 9:51 am    

You can't go wrong studying under Buck Reid. Not only is he a jewel of a person, he was one of Buddy Emmons's favorite players on our instrument.

Buck will help you get to the next level; and a Skype lesson has to be a lot less expensive than a flight from - for example - Oregon to Nashville.

Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 7:42 am    

Thank you Jack and Christopher... I enjoyed our sessions and happy that you found them constructive. You are both fine players and I appreciate your time and kind words!

For those who are interested, please email me at buckreid@comcast.net for details.

Thanks again fella's!!