The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dean Parks on steel with the Large Band Red Rocks, Cheyenne,
Raymond Bourey

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2018 10:57 am    

Not paying much attention to who's where - surprised to see the maestro, Dean Parks, holding down steel duties for Lyle Lovett last night in St. Louis. Tasty, educational, traditional, and not so traditional sounds from smack in the middle of the large band.

We missed you Buck - but I couldn't stop smiling the whole night.

Upcoming shows https://tour.lylelovett.com/

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2019 3:30 pm    

Raymond. Well Buck is back with Lyle's Large Band and is playing tonight with the band as he did last night at the Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield, CT. Tonight is Buck's last night performing with the Large Band this summer (2019)as he will be heading back to Nashville to get back to work on his many other projects. Starting tomorrow thru the end of the summer tour, Dean Parks will be filling Buck's spot in the band. I was fortunate enough to catch last night's show together with my son Caleb. It was mind-blowing to say the least. Lyle is really allowing his band to stretch out and show their talents on this year's tour. Everyone was absolutely on their game, Ray Herndon, Victor Krauss (absolutely amazing)... the entire band not the least of which was the out of this world Buck Reid. So glad to have made the trip to CT to catch up with Buck and to catch this last part of Buck's run playing on the 2019 tour. Great job Buck and looking forward to seeing and hearing Dean Parks in Shelburne, VT for an outside Large Band concert this Sunday, on the shores of Lake Champlain with spectacular views of the Adirondacks high peaks in the backdrop.

Last edited by John Brabant on 8 Aug 2019 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2019 11:16 am    

What a regular and what a replacement......Godspeed to two of my favorite players !!

Chris Walke

St Charles, IL
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2019 5:39 am    

Wish every show was a classy and tasteful as the Large Band shows. Lovett sure knows how to put a band together and put on a show. Used to see him every time he came thru the Chicago area. Not so much anymore - I don't get to many concerts these days. Sad

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 7:14 am    

Yes Russ. And Buck and Dean are not the least parts of a band comprised of genius musicians. Just caught them again this past Sunday in Vermont, this time with Dean Parks on his Franklin 11 string single neck. Great outdoor show on a spectacular night.