The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 Squeal
Brian Christiano

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 8:48 am    

My N-112 has suddenly developed a squeal (feedback) without anything plugged in or with an instrument plugged. I am in SC and would like a recommendation for a service center for Peavey amps. Any help would be appreciated.

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 10:42 am     Nv112

Brian, Mine did this and I cured it with Q-Tips and alcohol. Wet the Q-Tip and swab out the input jacks. That cured mine.

Brian Christiano

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2018 2:58 am     Re: Nv112

Jim Saunders wrote:
Brian, Mine did this and I cured it with Q-Tips and alcohol. Wet the Q-Tip and swab out the input jacks. That cured mine.

Thank, I will try that. I also have some electronic spray cleaner I can try. Most appreciated.

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2018 5:18 am     Peavey Funk Out

Brian, from one musician to another, all electronic devices need servicing, tube or solid state and I've said this before, Peavey Funk Out lubricant/cleaner is what our factory techs use when repairing a Peavey amp. We sell Funk Out through our factory parts department at $16.19 plus $6.25 handling plus shipping. It works.

Your case could be different, it could be something else causing this squeal/oscillation, but at $16.19, it is a product that every musician should have in his bag.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 3:52 pm    

If you're going to use Q-tip type products to clean jacks or switches, I highly recommend using the sponge rubber ones, which are made for electronic equipment. A small bit of cotton fiber catching between the contacts of switches or "switching" jacks can render them inoperable.