The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who else is still waiting on a Jeffran order?
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 12:57 pm    

Melissa told me via Facebook Messenger that coming back from vacation or wherever she was when she had to be away, she was completely swamped with orders and emails and such. My order for a bunch of "Right Hand Alpha" (DVD courses) was shipped in a timely fashion. PLUS, she contributed 20 copies of Jeff's final solo CD, "Once in a Lifetime," to pass along to students in our Steel Resolve project of "providing startup assistance to young steel players." Very kind of her. She has a very good heart, folks, but running this business is probably way more involved than she knew.

Remember, you too are welcome to make tax-deductible donations of funds or gear to SteelResolve.org. We're also hunting high and low your young would-be players unable to get going due to the startup costs. Let us know if you meet any young folks itching to play steel!!

All best,
John McClung
Pedal Steel Lessons, Casuals, Sessions
Steel Resolve Instructor & Advisor

Olympia, WA 98512
Email & PayPal fees – steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Website – http://steelguitarlessons.com
Skype name: professortwang
Cell & text: 310-480-0717

Mark Hepler

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2018 2:34 pm     Received Jeffran College order . . .

My two Jeffran courses just arrived, two weeks from when I ordered them.

Everything seems in order. I previewed one course: it looks meticulous but humorous--not pedantic. I'm anxious to dig into it.

I had reservations, too, after sending money and receiving no shipment ETA.

However, from my experience, you can trust them.

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 5:26 am    

Herb Steiner wrote:
Hook Moore wrote:
Email from Jeffran College today
“We apologize for the less than satisfactory customer service provided during our Leave/Close of Office over July-Beginning of August. We had pressing Business matters that required our immediate attention away from the office. One of these matters being our highly anticipated restock of our Jeffran Picks. We have been ensured by contract that we will have received our order in full by September. We understand many of you have placed preorders and have been waiting along with us to get these picks, please bare with us just a little bit longer, We appreciate your patience more than you know! If you no longer wish to remain on the preorder list, please contact us via email or website contact and we will be glad to refund or provide you Store credit to be applied to any future purchase with Jeffran College.”

At least you got the courtesy of an explanation email. Not so for all of us.

The website has now been updated with this message to all:

https://www.jeffrancollege.com/

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 3:47 pm    

Purchased July 23rd website said they'd be closed until the 28th.

sent an email 7/31/18 through website no response

8/1/18 received confirmation that a shipping label was printed. Status is pre-shipment which means label has been created but it hasn't left where it was originated.

8/7/18 sent second email to follow up, no response

8/8/18 left a voicemail requesting status and no response

8/10/18 disputed transaction with the bank and am seeking a refund.

8/11/18 bank agreed with my claim and fully refunded my money. I'm happy to get out of this transaction. Fingers crossed the rest of you get taken care of.

8/16/18 my order arrives and looking at the tracking they shipped the package on the 14th well after my bank refunded my money.

8/20/18 communicated with Melissa over Facebook today. She responded super fast and the communication was great. She handled my issues with the transaction really well and made sure I'm satisfied. I paid up and I'm happy that this matter is resolved. Facebook messenger is a great way to reach her.

Brint Hannay

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2018 4:32 pm    

Unless you're not on Facebook. Which I'm not and won't be. I think I'm not alone in this, so maintaining e-mail communication would seem a wise practice for a business.
(I have no current (or past) beef with Melissa, BTW).