The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Custom finish on steel guitars
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 6:07 am    

I have been doing some research on this steel and a man by the name of WAYNE JARRETT did the custom finish work on it. He has done work for Barbara Mandrell, Jeff Newman, Buddy Emmons, ALABAMA and Prince, just to name a few. Does anyone have any pictures of any of his work? If you do, please post them.

Pete Dalton

White Mills, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 6:47 am     Marrs steel

I can give you some history of your Marrs Steel .
Duane Marrs Built the guitar for Gary Pike Of Radcliff Ky. He played it for awhile and My good friend Art Cockreil bought it from a Pawn shop in Radcliff Ky, and played it for several years and I purchased it from Art. I kept it for a couple of years and traded it to a gentleman in Jackson Mississippi . That is a beautiful instrument .
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 6:55 am     Re: Marrs steel

Pete Dalton wrote:
I can give you some history of your Marrs Steel .
Duane Marrs Built the guitar for Gary Pike Of Radcliff Ky. He played it for awhile and My good friend Art Cockreil bought it from a Pawn shop in Radcliff Ky, and played it for several years and I purchased it from Art. I kept it for a couple of years and traded it to a gentleman in Jackson Mississippi . That is a beautiful instrument .
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did.

Thanks for the info Pete! I got it from the son of a man that lived in Mississippi. I just had Mickey Adams do a clean-up and a tune-up on it for me. I should get it next Wednesday. Again, thanks for the information.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2018 11:14 am     Buddy Emmons - custom finish by JARRETT

Buddy and Jeff with a custom finish by Wayne Jarrett