The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KSGA meeting on September 2nd in Baxter Springs, KS
Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 3:45 pm    

We will have our monthly meeting in our usual place at 4th and West Street in the OLD Community Center in Baxter. Meeting will start at 1 PM. Sound and backup musicians will be available. Food (sandwiches this month) is provided, but we can always use some help with more sandwiches, side dishes, finger foods, snack food, chips, etc. This meeting is open to the public. Space is limited, but we always find a way to pack everyone in. A 50/50 drawing is usually held and I'm sure this month will be no exception. We will discuss our October Show some more and share our program list and talk about improvements. Show T-Shirts will be available. All input is appreciated. Be sure to check out our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694542493962743/

Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2018 11:30 am     Who's coming?

TTT

If you are planning on attending and playing this month, let me know so we can do a better seating arrangement than we had last month. Quite frankly, we were caught off-guard and by the time we realized there would be a problem, it was too late. It was still lots of fun, but it can be better with a little planning. So far, we have Marty Neer, Fred Uzzell, Doug Hudson, Rick Eaves, David Dean White, Richard McDonald, Ron Reed, Lee Ogle and Paul Troop coming. You can text me or call me at 417-499-3187.

Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2018 5:39 am     T-Shirts are here

I will have T-shirts on Sunday. If you want one, they are $12 each. I have pre-orders for 18, but I have 35. If we sell all these, I can have more by show time. If you want one and can't be at the Steel Club meeting this month, let me know and I'll set aside your size. We have white, grey and light blue.

Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2018 4:51 pm     Great meeting/jam today

Once again, we had 10 players. We had other steel players come and listen. We're hoping we impressed them enough that they will want to sit in next time. We had players from Overland Park, Emporia, Kansas City, Branson and Tulsa today. It was a fantastic time. The food was exceptional, as always. We had 5 different singers today, so the audience had some good variety. We even tackled a few songs out of most of our wheelhouse, but it was fun. This isn't about precision (thank goodness), it's about fellowship, learning new things, making new friends and some presentation on the new things some of the players have learned. We are SOOOOOO looking forward to our show next month. I can hardly wait.