The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '74 Emmons Push-Pull D-10 8x5 (Sold)
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 1:41 pm    

I completely restored this satin rosewood mica mid 1974 Emmons "fatback" guitar S/N 1876 D. I originally bought it a few years ago through David Wright from a pawn shop in Modesto, California of all places. If I remember correctly David's uncle owns the pawn shop!

It was completely original and unmolested and was probably seldom played by the original owner, due to the lack of play wear present. It was completely disassembled, inspected, thoroughly cleaned and reassembled. All aluminum brightwork was professionally polished, necks jeweled , etc. and the fret boards are new Emmons Factory replacements. The original brown metal badge is on the front apron, Kluson keys are in great condition and the legs are standard height.

The guitar has a very standard Emmons set up as shown above; 8×5 with E’s on the left. The Emmons single coil pickups are wound to about 18K ohms. The guitar plays great, has that distinctive Emmons push-pull bell-like tone and wonderful sustain! Included is a nice leg/pedal rod bag and a newer Wade Thomas hard case in very nice condition.

$4200.00 plus shipping to your door. PayPal (add 3%) or cashier’s check accepted.

Please feel free to email me with any questions.

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

Last edited by Lynn Stafford on 29 Sep 2018 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 2:33 pm    

Whoa! awesome ...

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 11:33 am    

That horn is really nice Lynn. As always, beautiful work on your part. I love the look of the brown badge on those satin rosewood "Originals" too. Not to mention, the way they sound.

That "fatback" will make someone very happy..!! My best to you and good luck with the sale.

Chris "Tiny" O.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 3:07 pm    

Wow, Lynn!

Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 3:59 pm    

Great job as always Lynn! how's the new shop working out? All settled in I assume?

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 5:51 pm    

Now that is some great work Lynn, and the price is VERY good. Bet its gone quickly

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Matt Elsen

Deer Harbor, Orcas Island, WA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2018 5:47 am    

Another beautiful guitar, Lynn! It looks amazing. Well done!

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2018 9:31 am     Thanks!

Many thanks to all my friends. Your kind remarks mean more than you realize.

Bill, yes the shop's been finished for over two years and I'm really enjoying the benefits of having most everything I need in one place. My time is much more productive now. I just wish I could have done this a few years ago when I was younger!

Mike, I do feel the price is more than fair for this guitar. It's essentially "plug and play", dialed in, ready to gig and needs absolutely nothing to be done to it!

Chris, thanks for posting your kind comments. Are you still playing my old '69 rosewood PP #1312 D you bought from Andy?

STEEL GUITAR WEST

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

Last edited by Lynn Stafford on 7 Aug 2018 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2018 8:49 am    

I have its older brother #1814, another 1974 satin rosewood fatback, but with black lacquer wood necks and 9x8, that was built for Sonny Garrish that year. Fantastic guitar!

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 11:53 am    

Hi Lynn:

I sure am playing that guitar. I love it..!! It's the guitar I play most often. You did well on that one also Lynn..!!

Hope you're well.

Your friend,

Chris "Tiny" O.

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 3:08 am    

Pay attention guys on the P/P Emmons. This will not be one of those guitars you buy that when it shows up it's has issues and excuses. Lynn is one of the best P/P guys you will find IMHO and I KNOW you will be getting an elite guitar period. The price is like a blue light special man, 4200.00 is a SUPER deal on a restored guitar ( I know)...

You will never regret owning this instrument

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 6:13 am    

My #1 is #1714-D from 1973, a satin rosewood fatback with a brown badge that looks just like this one except it has the wide pedals and black knee lever handles. It's unrestored, but it doesn't need restoration. Clem Schmitz went through it a couple summers ago, and it's purty near perfect. It's a keeper.

Whoever decides to pull the trigger on this beautiful restoration will get a great guitar.

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2018 5:39 am     Lynn

Lynn does great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com

Mike Phillips

Brooklyn, NY
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 6:48 am    

I have to agree - Lynn's work is incredible and he's really generous with his time. He and I have never met, but I would call him a friend. He had offered me great (FREE!) advice long before we ever did business, so it was with great confidence that I had my forum-purchased S10 shipped directly to him. A week later I received what appeared to be a time capsule condition instrument set up exactly to my specs. The care and expertise that Lynn put's into his restorations is really something and, I think, speaks to his character. Great, great guy.

Can you tell I like him?

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 6:09 pm     S10

Mike Phillips wrote:
I have to agree - Lynn's work is incredible and he's really generous with his time. He and I have never met, but I would call him a friend. He had offered me great (FREE!) advice long before we ever did business, so it was with great confidence that I had my forum-purchased S10 shipped directly to him. A week later I received what appeared to be a time capsule condition instrument set up exactly to my specs. The care and expertise that Lynn put's into his restorations is really something and, I think, speaks to his character. Great, great guy.

Can you tell I like him?

Hi Mike, I’m considering trying to find another Emmons S10 PP. I’m just curious, is your S10 pictured on his website? I’d probably take anything other than white, but I’d love to have a black mica or another lacquer guitar.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by Mark Robinson on 14 Aug 2018 3:41 am; edited 3 times in total

Mike Phillips

Brooklyn, NY
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 6:48 pm    

Mark - I didn't see my guitar on Lynn's site. It's a black mica S10. I'll try to dig up some pics and post them here.

Mike Phillips

Brooklyn, NY
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 6:53 pm    

Found them! Here's my Stafford-restored axe:

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 3:38 am    

Mike Phillips wrote:
Found them! Here's my Stafford-restored axe:

That’s the one. I’d love to have the black mica.

Beautiful guitar.

john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 6:01 am     Lynn Stafford

You can trust anything that comes out of Lynn's shop to be perfect.. He is a true master, and one of the really good guys....a credit to the entire community.

Best to ya Lynn! Beautiful work as always.

Yerbud,

JW
widcj@hotmail.com

Jim Hussey

Reno, Nevada - USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 7:44 pm    

I’m sending this to the top for my good friend Lynn.

If you have ever thought about a push pull, GRAB THIS GUITAR!
Fatback cut tails are great guitars.

Any restoration by Lynn Stafford will be over the top. Over the years Lynn has rebuilt or restored 6 guitars for me (5 push pulls). Each one has played flawlessly. Precise pedals, stay in tune, string separation, Emmons P/P growl, it’s all in there.

Don’t let the P/P design trouble you. Agreed, a P/P won’t do everything an all pull guitar does, but a lot of great music has been recorded using P/P guitars.

The price is right. If you think about the hours that go into dis-assembling, cleaning, polishing, repairing, and reassembling any pedal steel, you should know the price Lynn is asking barely covers his time and cost.

Once you sit behind this guitar (any Lynn Stafford guitar) you will be pleased beyond your wildest imagination. When it comes to repairing, rebuilding, or restoring pedal steel guitars, Lynn is one of the best. Your guitar will come perfectly timed and tuned to your specs. Lynn is one of the best.

If you have ever thought about a push pull guitar, GRAB THIS GUITAR!

Don't let it get away.

You will not regret it.

Give Lynn a call. He is a great guy.

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 9:50 pm     Sale Pending, Guitar on Hold

I have a customer in Indiana that told me he wants to purchase this guitar. He has mailed a deposit to place it on hold, while he considers exactly how he wants it configured.

b0b, please don't close this post until the sale is finalized and I mark it as sold.

A big, big thank you to all my friends that have posted their very nice comments above! I have established some great relationships and have made very good friends along the way, through doing business with folks within our community. I value that above anything else...

I'm really not doing this to make a living. It's really not about selling guitars or working on someone's steel for a fee. It's more about the reward I get from helping folks, one way or another.

STEEL GUITAR WEST