The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Future Of Music Performance- Roy Orbison?
Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2018 5:39 am    

Sorry that this is not exactly Steel Guitar related but I thought it might be of interest to some because of the famous artist. My interest was perked because of a postal mailing received of a Roy Orbison hologram concert coming to my area. Roy's concert is not the first concert to be presented in this 'hologram' format. I believe ABBA and some metal bands are doing this also. So it seems as if it is becoming more popular. It's interesting from a technology perspective. But also a bit weird.

Here is a sampling on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Pf_4LLbj7zg

Franklin

Post  Posted 10 Aug 2018 6:41 am    

Ken,
I played steel on a few of the songs for the CD with the London Royal Philharmonic Orchestra...So Its possible my steel may be heard in the concert as well....This Wednesday I played on 5 more songs for a new CD.....They are using real orchestras, a rhythm section, and background singers live. I was one of the few color instruments added to those synchronized tracks...Hearing Roy's voice stripped from the original tracks was awesome and an experience I will never forget...His singing voice is as close to flawless and perfectly on pitch.
Paul