The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Steel Guitar Shows
Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2018 4:59 am    

In another thread a recommendation was made for the Southern Illinois Steel Guitar Show: http://www.southernillinoisproductions.org

I have never been to a steel guitar show. This one is actually within driving range for me (i.e., a long drive, but doable). Looking at the website, this show looks great but appears to be heavy on the performance side. Is this typical of these shows? My current interest would be more in meeting dealers/builders and seeing their product displays, especially Pedal Steel Guitars. I would like the opportunity to see and possibly try out their PSG's. Do these conventions have an exhibit area for this type of interaction? Are some shows more popular for the builders than others? Thanks.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2018 5:44 am    

The best one for vendors that I know of is the Texas show.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2018 5:47 pm    

Ken, I have been to that show and there is a few builders and a place to try out some. As Jack indicated the Texas show is the largest with more booths and exhibit plus demo rooms. Go to a show and look around. The Baxter Springs Kansas show is in October. Fred Justice builds a fine pedal steel and will be there. Some used equipment is generally there as well.

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 4:03 am    

Thanks gents! When you mention the Texas show, are you referring to the 'Texas Steel Guitar Association Jamboree'?

Looks like the next one is March 7-10, 2019 in Irving, TX.

http://www.texassteelguitar.org/jam.html

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 6:15 am    

Ken yes sir that's the one TSGA puts on a great show and everything you mentioned is at that show if you decide to go you should make hotel accmadation early as they book fast. And as you've heard "Everything Is Big In Texas". Very Happy