The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Goodrich Omni pedal $275.00 inc. shipping
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2018 8:33 am    

After almost 50 years of pot pedals, I just can't get used to the sound of an active pedal. I am going back to my 120 with a vintage AB pot. I think this Omni is the best pedal Goodrich has ever made. The sound is excellent in both the passive and active positions.

I bought this new in mid-July and have used it on a few gigs. Perfect condition. Can send photo if wanted.

It is standard height, not low profile.It has two axle holes, so by simply moving the axle back, it can be a low profile.

Read Larry Sasser's review under new products.

$275.00 including shipping to the lower 48.

Last edited by George Kimery on 13 Sep 2018 2:27 pm; edited 12 times in total

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2018 11:53 am    

Just in case you didn't know, depressing the small switch on the right side of the Omni (use an allen wrench or something similarly small) deactivates the active electronics and it becomes a passive pedal.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2018 12:14 pm     Goodrich omni pedal

Peter, yes I know. That feature was the main reason I was drawn to this pedal. Switch in, passive, switch out, active.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2018 4:44 am     Re: Goodrich omni pedal

George Kimery wrote:
Peter, yes I know. That feature was the main reason I was drawn to this pedal. Switch in, passive, switch out, active.

George, just bought one too... the active button uses both the active circuit and the pot.. kind of a hybrid set up.. very nice pedal.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2018 5:48 am    

George Kimery,
I am sad that you do not like the "active" part of this new pedal, but I certainly understand. Many players just like to raw sound of a pot pedal.

For me, I like both.

I am waiting on my OMNI pedal and excited to give it a test run.

I have sold several of the OMNI pedals in the past couple of weeks and have only heard great reviews.

You should not have any trouble selling this one for the price you are offering.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2018 6:28 am     Goodrich omni pedal

Bill, FWIW, I like this pedal better than the Hilton's
I've had. I think being able to go back and forth from passive to active is the cat's meow. Also, since you are using the pot to control the volume on the active mode is the reason I like it better than the Hilton. Maybe the best of both worlds. I am not knocking the Hilton in any way. It is great at doing what it is designed to do, as is the Omni.

I feel like an old dinosaur by preferring a pot pedal. I keep feeling I am missing something by not going to an active pedal. I think it just boils down to my 73 year old ears are just not up to snuff, plus using pot pedals for over 50 years, my ears are just not going to accept something new.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2018 10:17 am     Goodrich omni pedal

I forgot to mention, this is a standard height pedal, not a low profile. It has low axle holes drilled so the axle can be moved down to make it low profile.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 5:08 am     Goodrich omni pedal

This may not be available after today. I have contacted the store where I bought it concerning returning it. I am awaiting their reply.

Too bad. I was hoping I could do a forum member a big favor by letting this go for a low price.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 8:13 am    

Mine came yesterday, I'm anxious to try it. Very Happy
Erv

Roy Peterman

Muncy Valley, Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 10:39 am    

I'm very curious as to how you like it Erv.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2018 10:56 am    

I'll let you know. Very Happy
Erv

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2018 12:01 pm     Goodrich Omni pedal NEW $300.00

Still available. Awfully nice pedal.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2018 7:21 am     Goodrich Omni pedal NEW $300.00

I just took the pedal out of the box and decided to give it another chance. Maybe my ears are in a different mode this morning, but it sounds really good. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance. I just love the concept of the pedal.

I got a response from the supplier that I have 30 days for a full refund. I am going to put selling it on the back burner until I try it on a gig the 20th. I will then re-evaluate selling it or keeping it. If I decide to sell it, and somebody wants it, let me know. I will put your name on it now.

Jay Dee Maness

North Hills, CA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2018 9:53 am     Omni volume Pedal.

I have used a pot pedal for 60 plus years. I can say I really like the Omni volume pedal from Goodrich. I haven't looked back.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2018 11:00 am     Goodrich Omni pedal NEW $300.00

I got a Stereo Steel the same time I got the Omni Pedal, so I had two new toys to adjust to at the same time. I have tamed down the bright, high end of the Omni pedal after tweaking the Stereo Steel to my liking.

The thing that I never liked about active pedals was that thin, sterile sound. They were clear and clean, but didn't have any body. Sort of like a bone with no meat on it. A pot pedal sounds to me like it has meat on the bone. Not as clear as an active pedal, but that is OK to my ears. I will sacrifice a little clarity to keep the meat.

After tweaking my Stereo Steel, I am really liking the Omni pedal. I am getting clarity without losing the meat.

Here at home, it is a keeper. Next Friday night's gig with a band will be the acid test

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2018 5:10 am     Goodrich omni pedal

I have used this pedal all week in practice and on a gig last night. I am really liking it, so it is no longer for sale. If anybody is interested, send me a PM for a source at a good price.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2018 7:12 am    

George,
I've just started to use the Omni pedal.
I have a question for you.
Do you prefer the active or the passive setting?
I haven't quite decided yet.
Thanks,
Erv

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2018 12:24 pm     Goodrich omni pedal

Erv, good question. I like it both modes, which is not much of an answer. I used it last night on a gig and left it on active the whole time and was quite satisfied. I wish I had thought to switch to passive for a comparison. I will definitely do that next Saturday night. The reason I didn't switch to passive, I have assumed all along that it would sound the same as my 120 pedals since only the pot would be working. I have 120 pedals with an AB pot and a Tom Bradshaw pot. Maybe I am assuming wrong, that the pots in Omni are going to sound the same. More testing to come. I haven't tried it with my Katana yet, but will tonigbt.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2018 5:28 am    

George,
Yes, that's the reason I bought mine. I wanted to get back to a pot pedal again. Very Happy
Erv

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 6:52 am     Goodrich omni pedal

Bump it up.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 2:33 pm     Omni pedal

Pedal sold pending payment.