The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Albert Johnson D-10 5 and 8
Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2018 1:55 pm    

Is anyone familiar with Johnson Steel guitars? Mr. Johnson was from the Tallahassee, Fl. area, and reportedly built several guitars before He passed in 2001. His son has contacted me about finding a good home for it. Once I can see it, inspect it, play it, I will post pics and be better able to evaluate its playability, etc. It looks beautiful, with quality mechanics. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks, Lonnie

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2018 12:16 pm    

Correction, the steel in question was built by Albert Johnson, for a Mr. Wade, who passed and the guitar has been in the closet for 17 years. His son, John Wade Jr. is now in possession of the guitar, and the person whom I am currently in touch with. Lonnie

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2018 6:41 pm    

TTT Has anyone have any knowledge of Johnson Steel guitars, built bu Albert Johnson, from Tallahassee area prior to 2001? Any help would be appreciated. Lonnie

Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2018 11:34 pm     Albert Johnson

I don't know if he made guitars, but Albert Johnson was an expert on repairing steel guitars. He rebuilt a D-10 Emmons push/pull for me. New shiny black mica finish, re-jeweled the necks, wonderful setup etc. He told me he worked at the Cadillac factory before retiring. He was a really nice guy and was very fair on his prices. RIP Albert.

jay thompson

east peoria, il USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2018 6:17 am     Albert Johnson

Lonnie, you have a PM regarding the Albert Johnson Emmons guitar.
Regards, Jay Thompson