The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Quarterly Meeting!
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2018 8:38 am    

In two short weeks, The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will be having their Quarterly meeting.
The meeting date is July 29, 2018 and it will be held at the Tiverton VFW, Post 5392, 134 Shove Street, Tiverton, Rhode Island.
The meeting will start at noon and go until 5:00 pm.
This is a "pot luck" affair so bring a dish that everyone can share...
Good food, good music, and good friends. Whats not to like?
See you there!

Peter Hart (Secretary for RISGA)

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 4:33 am     It is always a fun time.

Looking forward to the meeting on the 29th,1-5pm. RISGA treasurer and jam leader Roger Trahan will be doing double duty. He will be playing that same room 6-10pm with Rachel Landry and the Western Partners.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 12:33 pm    

Hi Jim Manny And all the R.I.S.G.A. Members Anna and I will be there for the Meeting and the Jam. N.E.S.G.A. has no Steel Show that day and I have some thing I want to bring up and I have lots of Pictures and other things to talk about.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 12:33 pm    

Hi Jim Manny And all the R.I.S.G.A. Members Anna and I will be there for the Meeting and the Jam. N.E.S.G.A. has no Steel Show that day and I have some thing I want to bring up and I have lots of Pictures and other things to talk about.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 3:41 pm    

I'm gonna be in Warren, RI on July 28 for a wedding party and family reunion. I guess there's no better opportunity for me to come and hang out with y'all the next day. Let me work on it, I'll have a crew with me.

I'm from Boston and environs, originally. Gone a long, long time, but I get back from time to time.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2018 5:50 am    

Hi Dave, I think I can speak for RISGA and welcome you, and your friends and your steel. I am anxious to meet you and hear you play.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2018 3:20 pm    

Hi Dave and I know R.I.S,G,A, will welcome you. It will be nice to meet you. Make sure you bring your Steel with you we will enjoy your playing.

Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2018 3:21 pm    

Hi Dave and I know R.I.S,G,A, will welcome you. It will be nice to meet you. Make sure you bring your Steel with you we will enjoy your playing.

Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2018 3:22 pm     Sam White

Sam White

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2018 4:28 pm    

Hey Dave - we'd love to have you. If you aren't traveling with your steel that's not a problem you can use mine. Bring along a whole batch of folks - the more the merrier! Plenty of food and fun.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2018 3:42 pm    

no

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2018 4:43 am    

Just a reminder to check your calendars and be prepared to sign up to play for the RISGA Annual Steel show September 22, 2018. Details to be discussed at the meeting.

RISGA Members - Hold tight, I'm just putting the final touches on the newsletter and hope to get it out in the next day or so!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 3:42 am     Will You Be Bringing Tickets?

Hi Jim, I am thinking that the 2018 show will be as successful as the 2016 and the 2017, all at the Tiverton, RI VFW, 134 Shove St. A steel enthusiast already paid me $20.00 for two tickets yet to be printed.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 4:24 am    

Sunday,July 29th we had a lot of fun at the quarterly meeting, with 11 steels, 2 bass players, 4 guitar players, and 1 keyboard player. One of the meeting`s highlights was having Dave Mudgett, (professor from Penn State), doing a fine job pickin` & grinnin`. Congratulations to President Jim Rice who is working hard writing a newsletter, plus all his energy for another annual show to be held on September 22, 2018 at the Tiverton VFW, 134 Shove St, Tiverton RI.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2018 1:43 pm    

Back in PA, just catching up on stuff today.

Jim, Manny, Sam, and everybody - just want to say thanks for making me feel so welcome, and especially to Jim for letting me plug into his NV 112. I somehow shoehorned my S12 Zum in with the luggage, but no way was I getting an amp in there too. Will be glad to have my Element back after it gets inspected.

It was great to hang out and play with you all last Sunday. And it's always great to come home, which for me will always be the Mass/Boston area. Jim, I'll let you know about the 22nd as soon as I can figure out that gig I mentioned and the logistics.