The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rich Mounce - Central Illinois standout musician has passed
Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 5:39 am    

A Central Illinois performing legend has passed. Rich Mounce lost his battle with pancreatic cancer just 15 days after receiving his stage 4 diagnosis.

Rich was a tremendous vocalist, lead guitar, and pedal steel guitar performer. He worked the road for many years and worked with many traditional country artists. He attended Scotty's International Steel Guitar Convention nearly every year it was held.

His loss leaves a significant void in the country music community. He was my very good friend and I will miss him terribly.

Richard "Rich" R. Mounce
Richard "Rich" R. Mounce, 71, passed away Sunday July, 1, 2018, at O.S.F Richard Owens Hospice Home in Peoria.
He was born on December 25, 1946, in Towanda, Illinois to Ralph and Bernice (Keeney) Mounce. They preceded him in death.
He married Angela (West) on February 11, 2006 in Canton. She survives.
Also surviving are his children, Michelle (Brad) Beyer of Danvers IL, Julie Cox, of Macomb IL, one brother Ronald (Jane) Mounce of LaGrange Park IL and three grandchildren, Hailee Beyer, Khilee Beyer, and Traten Beyer.
Rich was a veteran of the United States Army where he served in the Vietnam War. He was a professional musician for 40 years, his love of music took him all over the country to perform.
A Visitation will be held on Saturday July 7, 2018 at Oaks-Hines Funeral Home in Canton from 1p.m. until 3 p.m.
Immediately following the visitation, military honors will be rendered at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made out to the O.S.F. Richard Owens Hospice Home in Peoria..

To leave online condolences, please visit www.oakshinesfuneralhome.com

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89

Bernie Watruba

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 7:50 am    

Janet and I have lost a wonderful friend. It was a blessing to have played music with Rich. He had a talent and voice that was unique. He truly was a friend to everyone, and will always be part of me. Rest in peace my friend Bernie and Janet Watruba
Thanks Tim for sharing this photo.

jay thompson

east peoria, il USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 2:17 pm     Rich Mounce

The loss of a dear friend is always very difficult.
Rich was just that, having known him for more than 45 years, always about music. Rest In Peace, Dear Friend.
Jay Thompson

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 2:32 pm    

Rich was one of the friendliest guys I've ever met in the steel guitar world. Instant friendship. Wonderful smile and can-do, positive attitude. He will be missed. RIP, Rich.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2018 4:49 am    

Rich was certainly a great vocalist and player. One of the nicest guys to meet as well. Sad loss to our steel guitar family. He will be sorely missed. RIP. Rich.

Jerome Vogel

Northern Arizona
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2018 11:55 pm    

Damn, I hate seeing this. Got to see Rich this May at the QC Steel Show in Davenport. Was great to see him again and we had a good chat. Rich was always enjoyable and interesting to visit with, and a keen observer of any music scene. Now, I sure wish I had spent more time with him that day. I didn't know him well, but I certainly admired his persistence and positivity in the face of health problems. My condolences to his family and his MANY friends.