The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Loading BIAB into two of my household computers
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 1:09 pm    

Howdy everyone. I just received the new 2018 audiophile edition and before I blow it right off I have a couple questions. I have checked tons of info on here but can't seem to find the answers.

Audiophile comes loaded on an external hard drive. I have a laptop dedicated to BIAB and I have a desktop in the computer room of the house and no room for my guitar in there, but I would feel better if I could load BIAB on it also..
I would like to load my BIAB into both computers so I can plug the external drive into either one. Is that possible?

I will either load just basic option 1, or option 2 on the computers to preserve the wav. files of Realtracks and Drum tracks on the external hard drive.
Other question..if I just load option 1 on the computers, can I go back and change to load option 2 on the computers? RAM and storage no problem, The laptop has 6GB RAM and 1T hard drive. Desktop computer has 8GB RAM and 2.5T hard drive.
I assume everyone knows that there are 4 options available when loading BIAB onto your computer. 1 is the least load, 2. is a little more load with same GB space requirement as 1, 3, Is loading everything on to the computer and 4, is a custom load option.
Thanks for any help here.
Dick

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 4:54 pm    

Starting with BIAb 2016, PG Music gives you three activations for each version of BIAB you have. So activate it on two computers and swap the hard drive between the two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2018 5:08 pm     Biab

Thanks Greg, you have been so darn good helpful. The beginning of the book still states "on only one machine" but I thought that was outdated.
That's great because I have a computer in my little music room area in the basement, a computer in our computer room and the laptop that is dedicated to the BIAB in the spare bedroom with a guitar setup.
It just makes good sense to be able to do this without being illegal in BGMusic's eyes.

Okay, I will first load on my laptop, then to the other 2 computers.
Smile Smile Smile
Dick