The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  PRS McCarty Hollow-body II $3000 (looking to sell or trade)
Keith Browning

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2018 7:08 am    

Hey, everyone!

I've got a 2000 Paul Reed Smith McCarty Hollowbody II for sale on craigslist and reverb. But I think I might find the right person for a pretty nice trade for a pedal steel here on the forums.

It's an unusual model so I had to have it professionally appraised to get an accurate value for the guitar and learn what exactly it is. A full write up and additional images can be found in the following craigslist ad.

https://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/d/2000-prs-mccarty-hollow-body/6601225124.html

https://reverb.com/item/11078675-paul-reed-smith-hollowbody-ii-2000-violin-amber-sunburst

After a false start and an additional year of life, I finally have the space and stability to begin my pedal steel journey. So I'm just trying to get my first one. I'd like a U12 with a pad or maybe a nice newer sd10 set up for e9. I'm not experienced enough to be all that picky so please don't be shy if you interested and have something else. In a perfect world I'd like to get a hold of a padded GFI U12 rig and accessories (I'm not holding my breath on that one Very Happy).

The Guitar Blue Book appraisal is as follows:
March 14th, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our Guitar Appraisal service. Here is the information you requested about your instrument:
Manufacturer - Paul Reed Smith Model - McCarty Hollowbody II Year - 2000
Configuration - offset double cutaway hollowbody, carved flamed maple top and back, carved mahogany sides, Wide-Fat mahogany neck, 22-fret Indian rosewood fingerboard with abalone bird inlays, PRS adjustable stoptail bridge, three-per-side tuners, two McCarty Archtop pickups, volume/tone controls, three-position toggle switch, nickel hardware.
Color/Finish - Violin Amber Sunburst
Serial Number - 0 45668
Additional Information - Original hardshell case included Condition - Excellent Plus-Mint
Estimated Value Range - $4,600-$4,700
I trust that this information will be of interest.

That value is the estimate for private party sale not retail.

I could potentially drive a ways and have a mini road trip vacation to avoid shipping hassle.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Keith Browning on 20 Jun 2018 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Keith Browning

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2018 4:48 pm    

After talking to a local dealer I've lowered the asking price to what I think is a more reasonable $3000. Smile

Keith Browning

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2018 12:36 pm    

Sold Off-site