The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sold
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2018 2:49 pm    

This is a beautiful burgundy Williams guitar that I recently acquired. Looks, plays and SOUNDS fabulous but I've decided to let her go. Local pickup preferred, or I can drive and meet halfway (within reason). I'm willing to ship also.

It's a 400 Series D-10 with 8 pedals and 7 knee levers (5 for E9, 4 for C6). Serial number is 420 and according to Bill Rudolph the guitar was built in 1999 and still has the original pickups wound to 18K ohms by Bill himself. They sound awesome! Tone knob and pickup selector work perfectly.

This guitar has been very well taken care of, although there are a couple of cosmetic imperfections (see last 3 photos) including a scratch across the right end of the front cabinet/endplate, and some inconspicuous hairline cracks in the finish mainly around the E9 changer end. There is also some smudging of frets 1-5 on the C6 neck, but I've purchased a brand new fretboard from Williams which will be included.

The case is in excellent condition and the pouch as well. The guitar currently has 2-inch extenders on the front legs and pedal rods, which can be easily removed.

Last edited by scott murray on 15 Jul 2018 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2018 9:25 am    

to the top please, with price drop!

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2018 6:19 am    

Hi Scott’ if yall get down to Nashville bring that beautiful Willams An I will buy it for your Asking price 0n July 29 Bobby Reed will have a steel show Nashville area July 9 with lots of the pro pickers should be a fun day.

Last edited by Johnie King on 24 Jun 2018 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2018 9:32 am    

Thanks Johnie! I sent you an email sir