The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Have You Seen Saturday's Schedule.....June 23
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 7:30 am    

In the words of Steve Harvey....Boy , have we got a good one for you this year
Starting off @ 10 AM will be an exciting young player Jason Stilwell....you'll love his singing as well Next , the pride of Tahlequah , Mr Tony Tipton...this young man has just blossomed into a very fine steel player and you'll like what you hear Terry Canida...I am so looking forward to his set and also I want to mention his sweet wife...what a singer and such Spirit
Beverly is back up in the number four slot...this special Lady plays so well and will be supported by her all girl band and you're sure to enjoy them
Corky Davis....what a fun show he has...lots of Big Band music , so very capably supported by his group
Ahh....my cousin Paul King..this guy has become more like a brother . He is a finesse player and always has a Special Gospel song on his set . Don't miss this guy....he's great !!!!
Next, one of the sweetest Ladies of the steel guitar world....none other than Jan Wise , a very fine player who has graced the stage of The International Steel Show in St. Louis , the TSGA Jamboree in Dallas . Come and see her beautiful Blue Mullen ...always does a great job and is one of the most loyal supporters of the Okla show as well as Siloam, Baxter ,Branson...be sure you see her !

Jacob King....what can I possibly say to make you understand how totally fantastic this young man is...he'll bring some more cousins with him . His playing defies his age...he does some awesome songs...a great selection of tunes one might expect a more seasoned player to attempt . I can't say enough about him....14 or 15 yrs of age and plays like a veteran . Do not miss him and one other thing ..he has the attitude of gratitude and graciousness that few of America's teenagers have....total respect ..as you can tell , I'm impressed...this is just what the steel guitar community needs {got enough of us old guys}

Mike McGee.....Jacob King's mentor , teacher , instructor , inspiration and great Christian brother . Beside all that , he's a complete musician and plays all instruments well , especially his steel guitar . A veteran player that we're privileged to have...all the way from Missouri...with all the guys from Mo. i.e. Scotty Henderson, Jack Musgrave , Rick Eaves , all the Branson players....there must be something in the water up there .Come and catch a cool refreshing drink of steel guitar right from the source . This will be one the highlites of the show

Marty Neer….an absolutely awesome player...his chops , his dedication , his willingness to support younger players and offer help...a great player..when he's finished you'll ask "any questions". Now, additionally he's the local guru ,promoter ,vendor of the wonderful Emmons guitars..hands down Marty has the greatest collection of Emmons in our area . Check him out , you'll be glad you did

Jimmy Dreadfulwater…..representing the Cherokee Nation on his guitars {he's got a handful} Here's a great player and is usually supported by his cousin , a wonderful singer Mr. Jess French.....an all around fine Christian . You'll really enjoy Jimmy

Handling the emcee chores and singing some of your favorite songs....Mr. Will Clark...he's been nominated for Entertainer of the Year..and man with 1000 songs and quite possibly we'll see some of his altar egos doing some impersonators of some of the greats....stayed tuned for a SHOW !!!!!!!!

I'm joined at the hip with next perfomner Mr. John Buffington....John's my brother and we go back to the late 90's at Cowskin Prairie in Grove , Ok where I grew to love this man and his playing . One day you might find him in Texas playing a huge swing show and then turn around and find him at a Church in Tahlequah with the aforementioned Jess French . I have John to thank for getting me involved with th Okla club and for several years we'd do an hour set on Saturday night featuring John , John III {Trey} my son in law John Terry on fiddle and vocals....dom't change that channel....there just might be some surprizes Saturday night .

There you have it folks..I promise you a great time and once again we'll be at St. James Presbyterian Church , S. Elm St Jenks , Ok . I'm expectimg you...don't let me down !One final thing....I'm dealing with Macular Degeneration so if you find a mistake , take it with good intentions

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 11:59 am    

Looks like we are all in for a very large time, and who knows who just may show up? This is very family oriented entertainment. There'll be quite a variety of music styles to enjoy. The backup band is some of the very best you'll find anywhere.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 2:08 pm    

That is great Larry. Taking time to promote everyone is a blessing. However, when it comes to me I play well enough to be dangerous. I am looking forward to being there with my wife Tonya. I will call you for a song to sing on my set. We are more like brothers for sure.

Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 7:25 pm     OSGA Steel Guitar Show

Thanks for the kind words , Larry. Looking forward to making music with you and the band !

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 7:44 pm    

I plan on being there Friday for a while and will be back on Saturday. Looking forward to a great show. Some really fine pickers are lined up. J.R. Rose

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2018 7:36 am    

T T T

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2018 8:14 pm    

Brother Larry, can't wait to see you! And I won't forget to pay you the $10 for all those tremendous lies you wrote about me Wink

Looking forward to a great weekend of steel guitar!

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2018 10:12 pm    

Please put the location in the title when you post an event.