The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hearing Aides Follow Up.
Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2018 5:28 pm    

I went today to see Audio doc. I spent about a hour with him. I told him about my music background and playing Pedal Steel Guitar. It was very beneficial that I told him. I ordered a middle of the road hearing aide. I will be able to control the volume with rocker switches and best of all I will be able to control bass and treble with my smart phone. I did a test drive with a set he had in his office. I was impressed. I hope this takes care of my high frequency, timing issues. I will post updates in a couple weeks. Really anxious.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 9:07 am    

What brand and model, and how much?

My Kirkland brand Costco hearing aids are five years old now so I'm thinking it's about time to get them replaced. According to this site, https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-hearing-aid.html their new ones can be controlled from a smarphone too.

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 11:08 am    

My hearing was relatively good until last year when I went through radiation and chemo for throat cancer very close to my right ear. I think I'm doing ok cancer wise, but now it sounds like I've got a million crickets and cicadas having a sing along 24/7. Oh Well

Do any of you guys know it the new hearing aid technology address problems like my version of tinnitus?

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 5:26 pm    

I ordered them yesterday. I will have to wait to find out the model. The brand for sure is "Siemens" Out of Germany. The price will be $3000.00. My BCBS will pay $1000.00. It is a middle of the road hearing aide..