INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Inspiration
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post Posted 8 Jun 2018 8:48 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks again for everyone taking the time to share- I appreciate it more than you know. At least my wheels are spinning up Smile .
Mike Beley

Alberta, Canada
Post Posted 13 Jun 2018 5:40 pm     Reply with quote

Jim, maybe one reason you're lacking a bit of inspiration, is because you've been dishing so much of it out to others.

I know I left with at least a years supply when I left your shop last August.

I was in the area with my family, and even though you were busy, you took the time to schedule a lesson with an absolute beginner and even let me tape some of it, cause you knew it was like I was drinking from a firehose at the time, ha!

That lesson has really helped me out a lot, and I still go back and play that clip when I'm trying to spin out of a rut.

Just being in your store, you can literally feel your passion for the instrument, and man, that's contagious.
I wish you could see your own eyes when you talk about it..they just light up. It's like you don't have enough words to express all you know...it's just too vast!

Anyway Jim, I just saw your post and wanted to say thanks, and maybe send a tiny bit of that inspiration you gave me, back your way.

take care Jim and thanks again!

Mike Beley
Stuart Legg

Post Posted 13 Jun 2018 10:52 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like a perfect time to dive into Jazz!!!
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post Posted 15 Jun 2018 7:36 am     Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the kind words Mike. I absolutely love this instrument and have had the great fortune of being able to hang out with some of the greatest players that have ever played and all of them are more than willing to help. I know way more than I ever play because of either laziness, lack of appropriate venue, frustration, Attention Deficit Disorder- (pick 2 Smile ). I love to teach but at times feel the hypocracy of “do what I say,not what I do” when I tell the student what they need to do to improve.