The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Evans Reverb
Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2018 6:56 am    

Haven't been able to get in touch with the factory so while I'm waiting, I'll ask here:

I picked up a 90's tweed JE200 last week - great amp but the reverb wasn't working. I replaced it with a spare that I had from a previous Evans and it works but there's a weird 'tail' on the reverb after I hit a hard chord so I'm suspecting that the input and output impedance are wrong (wasn't smart enough to write down the code on the tank before I put it in the amp!). The old one was 30 ohm input and 185 ohm output. Plus it's an Accutronics short tank, 2 spring which doesn't even show up online that I can find. Can't take the new one out to check the code as it's at the theater where I'm doing "Always...Patsy Cline" and they won't let me move it 'cause it's part of the set!
Any of you amp guys have any answer?

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2018 7:24 am    

Odd impedance. Here's a chart provided by https://www.tubesandmore.com/tech-corner/accutronics-products-and-specifications but I don't see anything near your specifications.

Just as an aside, I prefer the MOD line of tanks they sell over the new offshore Accutronics units.

Good luck finding the correct one.

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2018 9:08 am    

Still haven't been able to get in touch with Scot - sometimes it rings and goes unanswered or get a non valid number message. I just sent a second email so maybe it will get some results. If it was any other company, I'd be irritated but I just can't bring myself to be mad at these folks!

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2018 10:04 am    

Finally got in touch with Scot and talked for quite a while. Found out which reverb tank I needed and got some pointers on tweaking the amp settings. It's really nice to see someone who'll take time to interact with his customers - It's fairly common in the steel world but getting rarer on the outside. Thank, Scot!!