The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hot Rod Lincoln....FOR SALE
Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 6:01 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2b0Xi84dYY 30 seconds in.

Now I realize this is not a steel guitar for sale, but I will throw in a lap steel to the buyer.

Technically it will be partially a Steel Guitar for sale, so hopefully it will fly under this section of the forum.

I do not feel comfortable putting adds in Car Trader,Penny Power, etc. and don't like tire kickers coming to the house. I am not comfortable with that. I do however after being on this forum for a year have a good feeling about my fellow forumites. I hope b0b is ok with this post being on the forum?

I built this Hot Rod in 1995 and loved driving it to car shows. However arthritis in my feet and knees has robbed me of yet another pleasure in life. I would like to sell my '30 Model A to a loving home. If interested PM me and we can talk details.

The car is 100% all steel. If you, or know someone who is looking please send them my way.

Thanks!

Bill

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 8:15 am    

Probably not appropriate here, but what a killer guitar, I mean car. Good luck. I would buy it, but I don't play lap steel. Laughing

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 8:23 am    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
Probably not appropriate here, but what a killer guitar, I mean car. Good luck. I would buy it, but I don't play lap steel. Laughing

OK.....I won't include the lap

Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 9:38 am    

Three floor pedals, right? How many knees?

(That's a nice build. You might consider using a broker. Posting here is a LONG long shot, I would think!)

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 9:44 am    

Kevin Swan wrote:
Three floor pedals, right? How many knees?

(That's a nice build. You might consider using a broker. Posting here is a LONG long shot, I would think!)

I thought that as well, but I know electric guitars, steel guitars, rock and roll, hot rods all go together.......so I thought what the heck, it's worth a try.........and no, 2 pedals on the floor, no knee levers.

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 3:17 pm     A labor of love ❤️

Really nice stance, perfect and complete. Kudos Bill. I would leave it for views here long as b0b won't mind letting word of mouth spread. Someone may see it and want to meet the builder. 😎

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 4:49 pm    

Describe the lap steel and set a price that includes a free car. Problem solved. Wink

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 6:00 pm     Not a steel but....

Not a steel but great to see Bill.
Also it does have the two main pedals and a right knee with a skull.
Better keep an eye on those steelers because they always want to slide right from a dead stop to the 21st fret....

Jokes aside, Beautiful car. Whoa! Very Happy
Indeed electric guitars, steel guitars, rock and roll, hot rods all go together!
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 5:25 am    

Jim your a genius

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 5:56 am    

Johnie King wrote:
Jim your a genius

OK, let's see if Jim's idea works. One of a kind lapsteel. Made from "Exotic" Northeastern United States Curly maple. It features handmade nut and bridge, strat style Pup, white acrylic fretboard, and trim pieces and hand rubbed Tru oil finish.

A stout 302 Chevy Small block,(yes I did say 302 Chevy small block) 350 Chevy trans. 2" top chop, bobbed rear fenders, 7", hand made front turn signal/spreader bar and many other custom machined parts, American walnut dashboard, polished stainless independent front suspension, polished stainless 4 bar rear suspension with coil overs. This is one of a kind and very driveable/playable. Very pleasing exhaust note with the stainless exhaust......I think it's tuned to open "G". Asking $23,500.....Model "A" will go with it.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 9:34 am    

Very cool lap steel case, shaped like a Model A. Wish I'd thought of that... Wink

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 12:30 pm     A retha Franklin?

Or.. offer Bill 1 1/2 Franklin PSG's! 😝