The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1950s Fender Champion lap steel SOLD PLEASE CLOSE
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 2:25 pm    

Price dropped to $595 plus 25 ship (CONUS) to see if any interest before taking it to another site.
This is a 1950s Fender Champion steel. All original (pots, cap, pickup, jack cup, knobs, tuners) except I replaced the tuner buttons as the originals had crumbled. Many of these have had the parts stripped off as the pickup is the same as a 50s Telecaster pickup although the bottom is different (no copper plate, and the fiber bottom is not the same shape but some guys pull those and have the bottoms changed out), the knobs and jack cup are the same as used on early Telecasters too. Functional soft case that is probably original or at least from the same era. Sounds good and works properly. I just put a fresh set of Morell strings for open E or D tuning. I can't date exactly as the pot codes are obscured by solder but since the Klusons are no-lines I am guessing mid-1950s with the four digit number although it could be earlier. No good serial number chart for the lap steels at least that I'm aware of as they were different from the guitars. Some scratches on the metal headstock plate but the yellow pearloid is intact and looks good. The bottom is a bit worn, pretty typical. Was asking $695 OBO, NOW $595 plus $25 shipping in the CONUS. Paypal is easiest but I can work out other arrangements if you prefer. Look over the pics and contact me if you need anything additional. You can PM and I'll answer in the order received.

Last edited by John Kally on 25 May 2018 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2018 4:59 pm     1950s Fender Champion lap steel really nice one Price Drop

Bump for the price drop.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2018 8:16 am     1950s Fender Champion lap steel really nice one Price Drop

SOLD to a list member. Donation on the way.