The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Craig Mann (Prescott Arizona)
Donald Brigner

Mountain Home, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2018 10:34 am    

I know it's late to post this but I am a newb and wanted to post that one of my fellow musicians (pedal steel player) from Prescott, Arizona died back on June 2nd 2012. He was 58 and used to post on here sometimes. Darn cancer. Craig was a great guy and I have missed making music with him. Craig's favorite saying was "Live It Up". RIP my friend.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2018 7:26 pm    

Don, Sorry about the missing of your friend. BTW, nice Sho-Bud.☺

Donald Brigner

Post  Posted 24 May 2018 7:28 am     Thanks Ron!

Thanks for the condolences Ron. Craig was my fellow musician that helped build my desire to play steel although I always loved them. Being the lead singer in every band I was ever in kind of thwarted my ability to play steel but now I am retired and having a blast with it. She is still beautiful. You did a fine job restoring her Ron. I wish I were more worthy of owning it. Do you remember any information about the history of it? date made and such.... I believe you had said 1973.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2018 9:18 pm    

Yes, and 58 is just too young to go.
I really can not ad anymore to what I know of the history of that guitar.If I said it was a "73, I'm sure at the time I said that, I knew that was the year. I' m really glad you still dig it. Where do you live??? RP

Donald Brigner

Post  Posted 25 May 2018 6:45 am     Retired now

Yea, it was a shock. Fast growing cancer. Less than a year. I retired in August of 2015 and moved to Bullhead City, Arizona. We enjoyed seeing all of the music shows in Laughlin but after two years just couldn't handle the heat. 130 on the back patio last summer for three months straight. We had never lived in the South East so we decided to move back this way. After much research we settled on Mountain Home, Arkansas. It's a great little town located in central Northern Arkansas. We moved her last fall. Probably going to stay for a while.