Post  Posted 19 May 2018 11:34 am    

I would like see some BMI steels

Last edited by Johnie King on 22 May 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 12:41 pm    

Here are some very poor photos of my BMI--->Click Here

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Tom Spaulding

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 1:14 pm    

Not mine yet, thinking about picking up this S-10 3x3. Modified with George L pickup and Emmons fretboard

1983ish BMI

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 5:50 pm    

Wonder why the new BMI site doesn't present an aray of pictures showing their technical offerings. The pictures they do have are very small and don't show much detail.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 6:12 pm    

Nice BMI Tom u no BMI still sells Knee leaver kits . If u can make a cup of instant coffee u can install more pedals or knee leavers kits from the BMI Folks. Just that easy. Tom bigger pictures would help but these steels are so simply made there’s nothing technical about them. Almost easy as a 4 piece wood jigsaw puzzle.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 6:59 am    

I guess y’all don’t want to Amit u have a BMI

Justin Emmert

Greensboro, NC
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 3:57 pm    

Hers a couple of pics of mine. Same setup as Cowboy Eddie Long. I admit I have not worked on the B6 stuff much since getting this guitar. Playing too much bass lately. It sits and waits patiently. Been working on some originals and i'll use this steel to lay down some tracks soon.

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 4:37 pm    

Here are some that I've owned:

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 4:47 pm    

Bill that Birdseye one is stunning don’t ever sell it of course I could give it a good Home. Oh no I took another look An I guess u let it slip away. Wow that was a push pull too.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 4:57 pm    

Lee the undercarriage looks as good as the top I had to get out the sunglasses to look at the undercarriage what shiney jewel. Made in Scranton Arkansas by Don a one man craftsman. The best service after sale in the business.

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 6:57 pm    

I enjoyed all the BMI guitars I've had. I also had a rosewood S-10 that was my first "good" guitar. But it's not possible to keep them all, and it's been fun to try different guitars over the years. Smile

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 7:12 pm    

The first one is a roughly '83 S10 3+4, pretty standard Emmons setup, but had Bobbe Seymour's Z-lever on it:

The second one is a circa '75/76 S10 4+5 with a half pad. Originally came with pretty close to Zane Beck setup, I altered it some after talking some ideas over with Bobbe:

I ultimately traded away for other stuff, but they were excellent guitars. I ultimtely came to the conclusion that I needed a full double body for my long legs. That '68 Esquire in the second shot went through Danny Gatton's hands at one point. It gets buried with me.

Ryan Bramlett

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2018 9:33 pm    

I've owned this BMI since late 2016, have never played anything else. SD-10, no pad, 3 pedals, four knee levers + 1 vertical lever. Serial number 546, have no idea whatsoever how old it is, but if anyone knows, i'm listening!

i keep the heel of my pedal foot on the wooden block you see near the pedals, i find it far, far easier to work the pedals this way than if my foot was resting on the floor. I can't just lower the guitar because then the pedals wouldn't have full range of motion.

Have switched to all-cloth cables because you-know-who in the photo will chew rubber cables all day, every day. Apparently he finds them delicious...

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 4:51 pm     Bmi

As you would expect several of us in Central Arkansas play BMI's with Zane's tuning. My BMI is a 1978 with the first of Zane's tunings. I've added some other changes and additions of pedals but still maintained the basic tuning.