The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud LDG??
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 6:45 am    

There's a Sho~Bud LDG for sale on e-bay (#7349662662) and it just doesn't look quite right to me. It is a natural finish but has a black wood neck. Also the changer end has the cut out for the C-6th neck. There are also some extra holes present. As far as I know, when Sho~Bud made an SD-10 guitar, they did not do a cut out for the second neck. At least the ones I've owned were that way.
Take a look and give my your opinions.
Erv

[This message was edited by Erv Niehaus on 10 September 2005 at 07:46 AM.]

Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 7:01 am    

I Would say It Has Been A D-10 With The C6th Took Off. SONNY.

------------------

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 7:08 am    

It looks like modded a D 10 with LDG logo... Looks like a refin too.. Its nice, but it should not be passed off as an LDG if thats not what it is... I don't trust the seller as far as I can throw them..They are well known in the big dollar "vintage" guitar community.. bob

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 7:55 am    

I'm no expert on old 'Buds, but I agree - something doesn't look right, and what's with the BLACK neck insert? It doesn't go with anything else ....

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 8:28 am    

RUN RUN RUN, if that poor quitar could talk,it would have a story to tell.
Someone has tried some real crap building on this one!!!!
Look at the end plate,hole was cut out on the front neck to.pedal board has been changed for bolts thru legs.on and on, i wouldn't touch that steel at no price!!!
RUINED RUINED farris

George Rozak

Braidwood, Illinois USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 9:51 pm    

Those extra holes are for the neck switch & TWO coil tap pups. I'd say it's definitely a converted D-10.

------------------
Sho-Bud: Professional & Fingertip

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 10:00 pm    

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the knee levers....

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 6:18 am    

It is definitely a "hybrid" and that's for sure!

Ron !

Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 6:26 am    

$1750,-????

John Billings

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 6:48 am    

I sent "Andy's" a link to this thread yesterday just to let him know what he had. And to let him know that he was falsely advertising that steel. Now it's suddenly gone???? Buy it now??? For an outrageous price??? And all bidders are now kept secret???
Can you smell the BS??? I wouldn't buy anything from those guys! JB

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 2:50 pm    

Guys.. I got this email from the manager of The selling store.... check it out... I told him I would state his case on the forum,but also told him I had never seen or heard of an LDG with a D 10 endplate... I stated maybe it was special ordered that way with an eye toward adding a neck in the future, but that I doubted it..... Judge for yourself... I certainly would not have bought it.... bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bob,

No chance of a refin, it was black-light tested.

I tried to respond to John Billings but his email is over quota. Perhaps you could post this on my behalf on the Forum since I have no intention of paying to defend our store.

Thanks,
Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Billings,

Thanks for the link to the Forum. We close at 6 PM EST every day and are closed all day Sunday. I just had a chance to look at the link.

andysguitars.com has one of the greatest reputations in the vintage guitar business. Not many VG stores deal with steels, but Andy worked Nashville 25-30 years ago as a lead and steel man for artists like Bobby Bare, Lorrie Morgan, Del Reeves (is he dead yet?), etc.....

We would NEVER knowingly misrepresent anything to anybody. Anyone who has bought from us knows that. In addition, there is a 24 hour window for the buyer to contact us if there is a problem and get a refund.

As far as the private listings, our ebay account was hacked 4 times in the last 3 weeks by the same guy or team of guy's--yes it is that deep!!, and the same guy got into our email 1 time last week.

One 14 year old kid got his mom and dad to pay for a Les Paul that we have listed and is still listed for sale!! He fell for the hacker's scam and his mom and dad paid for it by Western Union and sent the payment to G-d knows where, so yes, private listings.

We also sent 5 or 6 additional pictures of the underneath to various "bidders" who requested them. Nobody wrote back or called (cost 15-20 cents to call us), to give us their opinion.

I even emailed a noted steel guitar builder in Nashville, a good friend of Andy's, and sent him all the pix. We have not heard back from him.

In the meantime, someone liked what they saw and used the "Buy it Now" feature.

So before you badmouth us, check your whole card.

Thanks,

Mark

andysguitars.com
1208 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Fl.
1-850-224-9944 www.andysguitars.com

As AttachmentInline Text