The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Adding Levers on ShoBud Pro-1
Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 5:10 am    

Hi Forum,

I’ve got the chance to score a ShoBud Pro1 model for a great deal, and it’s exactly what I’m looking for. This model in particular has 2 knees on the right and one on the left? Did these originally come from the factory as 3x2 with both knees on the right side, with this particular model having an aftermarket knee added on the left?

I play Emmons setup with both E’s on the left. I’m wondering how difficult it would be to install a knee lever on this type of guitar? I’m waiting on some photos from the seller for the underside, but the steel looks promising.

So, what are people’s take on this type of steel?
Thanks-

Michael Harrington

Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 5:48 am    

it should be relatively easy to add a knee lever and move things about on the sho bud.

check to see if the pro I is an earlier model with 2 hole pullers, or a later "super pro" model. either way, michael yahl at psgparts is a good source for the parts you'll (k)need.

Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 7:44 am    

Thanks, Dave. I'm still waiting for the entire scoop on the guitar from the seller and wanted to ask the Forum in the meantime. You mentioned the 2 hole puller vs. the super pro puller which I'm not familiar with and now need to go investigate!

Michael was very helpful in the past with questions I had regarding my old Bud I sold, and I'll definitely be in touch with him if the deal goes through- I really miss that tone!

Thanks,

-Michael

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 9:00 am    

If you do get that guitar, I could switch the levers around for you. I live near Manchester. But you can probably adjust to the different locations easy enough, might take a week or two.