The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Clark Custom Parts = have been found!
Nathan Hofer

Columbia, Missouri
Post  Posted 15 May 2018 7:29 am    

This is a long shot, but I wonder if anyone knows what happened to the spare parts (if any) that were left when Jim Clark passed away in 2014?

I'm restoring an early D-10 (the third one made) and would love to use some of the parts he made for the later models. Anything from fret boards, to knee levers, to the pull train. As far as I can tell from pictures, he stuck with the same basic ZB-inspired changers and pulls, but they were better made. Here are a couple photo from when I bought it to give you a sense of what I'm working with. I found it at a used instrument shop in St. Louis in 2012; it was completely bound up and inoperable:

Thanks!

Last edited by Nathan Hofer on 21 May 2018 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Gary Patterson

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 15 May 2018 12:35 pm    

I bought a used Clark a few years back when Jim was still living. I contacted him by phone for a pedal and a few other parts, and had to remind him to charge me -- he was willing to give them away. They still have a website, and you might just find that they have the parts you're looking for. You'll probably need to phone, though.

Marty Neer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2018 1:57 pm     Clark guitar parts

Nathan sent you a PM. Marty

Nathan Hofer

Columbia, Missouri
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 7:36 am    

Thanks Gary and Marty, you've been a great help. I just talked to one of Jim's sons on the phone. They've still got quite a few unused parts and miscellany out in the shop. Knee levers seem to be all gone, but otherwise I'm in business.

Thanks again! I'll start another thread soon with pictures of the refurb as I go. I'm currently prepping the cabinet for a refinish.