The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Two Good Guys
Rick Abbott

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2018 8:18 pm    

Hey, I want to throw some light on two Forumites that I have done business with lately. I place my comments here because they both spend time and energy with non-pedalers (if that is a word?)

Bill Groner: Bill has gone way out of his way to help me find a couple of tonebars I wanted. You can't find a person more willing to attempt your ideal design. And, he communicates well, asks good questions and has delivered really great products to me at a fair price. These bars are my new standard for vintage tone.

Mark Helm: I have a thing for Japanese instruments, you know, the copies of American instruments. Mark sold me his Guyatone D-8 last week. Sure, I already have one, but his was as he advertised...in really nice condition. It was better than I expected and is such a nice example of what it is.
I am glad to say Mark packed the guitar, and its legs, and the case, in layers of bubble wrap and a nicely fitted box. Too many guitars are damaged by poor packing. Thanks, Mark, for your care. I love the guitar.
Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Wakarusa 5e3 clone
1953 Stromberg-Carlson AU-35

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 10 May 2018 2:33 pm     Re: Two Good Guys

Rick Abbott wrote:
Hey, I want to throw some light on two Forumites that I have done business with lately. I place my comments here because they both spend time and energy with non-pedalers (if that is a word?)

Bill Groner: Bill has gone way out of his way to help me find a couple of tonebars I wanted. You can't find a person more willing to attempt your ideal design. And, he communicates well, asks good questions and has delivered really great products to me at a fair price. These bars are my new standard for vintage tone.

Mark Helm: I have a thing for Japanese instruments, you know, the copies of American instruments. Mark sold me his Guyatone D-8 last week. Sure, I already have one, but his was as he advertised...in really nice condition. It was better than I expected and is such a nice example of what it is.
I am glad to say Mark packed the guitar, and its legs, and the case, in layers of bubble wrap and a nicely fitted box. Too many guitars are damaged by poor packing. Thanks, Mark, for your care. I love the guitar.

I've been called many things in the past, but never a forumite! Proud to be one! Hope you are a "Happy Camper" Rick!

Steve Wilson

Morgan Hill, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2018 5:52 pm     Bill Groner

I really haven't had dealings with Mark, but I can say your observation about Bill Groner is spot on. I, too, am the proud owner of one of Bill's Mellotonen bars, and I like it a lot. He is also a scholar and a gentleman Very Happy

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 3:51 am    

Put a green ball cap, Hawaiian shirt, glasses, and mustache and that Emoji is you Steve. Glad you like your bar. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy