The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Windows 10 Spring Creators Update V1803
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 8:52 am    

The Windows 10 Spring Creators Update version 1803 will be released tomorrow April 10,2018.
Click the link below to see what the new features will be for this update.
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-spring-creators-update-a-cheat-sheet/

I already have this (or most of it) as I get the Windows "Insider" advanced version releases. Not having any problems that I'm aware of.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2018 4:13 am    

New info, posted on the tenforums.com, that this version has been delayed due to some new found issues.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 May 2018 6:06 am    

The Win 10 V1803 (Spring Creators Upgrade) was finally issued yesterday (Monday). I have it on my main desktop and on a Dell laptop and both appear to be working OK. My desktop is also for my recording studio and my recording programs (Cakewalk Sonar and Studio One 3) are OK.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2018 2:47 pm    

I've updated two self-built PCs and a Dell laptop to the Windows 10 1803 with no untoward issues.
Please be aware that this update adds some features and removes others. One that is removed is Homegroups. You can share files, drives and folders via the normal network sharing protocols.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Last edited by Wiz Feinberg on 2 May 2018 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 6:59 am    

I had a lot of trouble with my update. When it finally came back to the login screen I got a user profile is corrupt message. Google said to reboot to safe mode and change a registry setting to .bak.

When I got to the screen to select how I wanted to reboot, my USB keyboard wouldn't work. I tried an old PS2 keyboard as suggested and that didn't work either.

Finally after several reboots, somehow my user profile "healed" itself and I was able to log in. That was the scariest update I've ever done!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 12:47 pm    

Jim, just remember "Murphy's Law"....

Looking over posts on the www.tenforums.com there are many problems reported with the V1803 update. I didn't look at all the actual problems posted so I can't say how many are related to older hardware, how many are self inflicted and how many are actual Microsoft caused.

Only complaints that I've seen on the Dell forums all are isolated to a specific model Dell Alienware (Gaming) PC with NVIDIA graphics card. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with NVIDIA graphics and as previously noted there were no problems with the upgrade (and software appls).