The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Noel Kirkland, Deno’s Music, Casa Grande, Az
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 6:35 am    

Just learned of the passing of Noel Kirkland from cancer. Noel and his Dad, Dennis ran Deno’s music in Casa Grande for many years. Noel played guitar and keyboards and was in the Glen Campbell group for a time. His Dad Dennis played steel and at one time hosted JEFF Newman for a steel seminar. Before his illness, Noel had been actively producing and recording in the Phoenix area. May he Rest In Peace.

Billy

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 7:03 am    

Thank you for posting this, Billy. Noel was a longtime friend and fantastic musician. His presence in our local music scene will be sadly missed. Rest well, Noel Kirkland

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2018 8:45 am     Rip Noel Kirkland

Well what can a guy say at times like this?
I spent a lot of time around noel on and off stage through the early 90's as I worked at DENO MUSIC for a few years. That guy was probably one of the most talented Musicians I have ever had the blessing to be around. He and his father Dennis (DENO)Kirkland took me in off the street so to speak and got me back on track somewhat! They were Both Wonderful Human beings! although I haven't spoken with them in several years I will Miss My friend !
RIP NOEL KIRKLAND! May you rest Easy. I send my Prayers and condolences to Deno and the Family.
Boo Miller

Also on a side note Deno was such a fine player. he was really into the old style c6th . '
He named his two boys after NOEL BOGGS & Joaquin Murphy.
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 3:31 pm    

I just learned that Dennis (De-no) Kirkland has passed on. He endured the loss of his wife Neva and eldest son, Joaquin, and most recently the loss of his only other son Noel. I can only imagine that his death was hastened by his broken heart.

Dennis LOVED the steel guitar. He played at every opportunity, even while in failing health. He owned and operated De-no's music Center in Casa Grande, AZ since the late 60's. The store specialized in the sales & service pedal steel guitars. His favorite steel guitarist was Buddy Emmons. Dennis was my steel guitar mentor and long time friend.

Many many years ago, my new fiancè went to De-no's looking for some sheet music for the singer/pianist to perform at our wedding. Dennis quietly selected Kris Kristofferson's "Why me, Lord?" and handed it to me with a coy smile on his face. Rest well ol' friend, you were loved and will be sadly missed.