The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1970s Fender D10 SOLD
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 10:46 am    

Hi Guys,
This is a mid-70s Fender D10 made by Sho-bud. I bought this from the original owner and he retired it a long time ago, mostly due to the weight. This is a heavy instrument. But he had used it a lot and that shows, with lots of wear and significant checking to the finish, and it's somewhat grimy underneath. Also, he put a few decals on the front along with a couple of aluminum trim strips along the front and back edges (one of those is pretty bent up; they are held in place by a couple of small nails and would be easy to remove).These are known to have problems with the pot metal knee levers and this is no exception. He replaced one with an aluminum bar but when another one broke he did not replace although it looks like everything is still present to attach a replacement. Also, you can see some kind of repair to one of the pedals. Electronics are working and this one has two toggles to turn on or off the neck pickups and no tone circuit. There is one spring which is not attached at an end and I can't locate where that one would go. So, it will take a bit of work to get this going properly. There is a case and it looks like it might be handmade but it's functional. There is an old piece of duct tape on one leg and at one corner, and the rubber feet should be replaced. I'm posting a bunch of pictures and you can always request more or any additional information and I'll do my best. Due to condition I'm asking $1000 OBO, and shipping will be around $80 but I can calculate for your zip code. PM with questions or offers. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by John Kally on 29 Apr 2018 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 1:25 pm     1970s Fender D10 not perfect but still pretty cool

On Hold pending payment from a list member. Donation will follow upon sale completion.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 2:17 pm     70s Fender D10 SOLD Please close

Sold. Donation on the way.