The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I really love my 'Green' Derby . . .
William Johnson

Statesboro, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2005 7:14 am    

. . . and after just talking to Charlie on the phone, I am truely concerned about any negative postings and discussions that may have occurrred due to mis-understandings about tbe 'Green' Derby I purchased used off of Ebay. Three issues seemed to 'flame' the postings. 1st: mis-understanding about Mr. L. Green's relationship with 'Green' Derby above. 2nd: actual position of the ABC floor pedals on this Derby (turns out this was an early Derby and some were built with the ABC pedals starting in the first, extreme left position). I understand now, that most have the ABC pedals starting in the 2nd position, reducing the offset of left knee levers to the ABC floor pedals. 3rd: the number and frequent postings related the 1st and 2nd topics above grew too much over several days. I had several forum members who emailed me directly to help solve my problems and I appreciate anyone's assistance.

I really love the Derby as I now have it set-up as I need it. It's a beautiful, well made quality instrument that tunes very well, plays smoothly and has the best tone of any steel I have ownwed. I would buy another for myself and recomend a Derby to anyone, beginner or pro.

I sincerely hope this helps clear any misunderstandings that may have occurred. Both Charlie and his wife are very nice and helpful people with a fine professional pedal steel guitar.

SIncerely,

Billy

------------------
William Johnson (Billy)
Grievous Angel Productions
Statesboro, GA. 30461 USA
http://www.grievousangelpro.com

Derby DB10 E9
Custom BillieTele Telecaster
Peavey NV400
Peavey TubeFex
Goodrich 7A

Please 'Mouse' to see larger photo.

http://usera.imagecave.com/GreivousAngelPro/derbyfront.JPG

Summer 1969

http://usera.imagecave.com/GreivousAngelPro/Billy1969.JPG

Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2005 11:59 am    

Billy,

Everybody lives and learns. Thanks for your post! You're right, Derby's are GREAT guitars! Almost equal to the builder and his family. I hope you enjoy that Derby!

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2005 5:51 pm    

Billy, I'm glad everything's worked out for you. The longer you have your Derby the more you'll like it, and yes Charlie and Margit are wonderful people.
Ron

------------------
D10 Laquer Derby,SD10 Black Laquer Derby,Peavy Session 2000, Peavy Nashville 1000, Profex II