The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Recording Steel Guitar Arrangments in Home Studio.
Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2018 1:59 pm    

I have been recording for many of years on some of the most ancient equipment. Of course you all know that you can record on tapes and CDs. However, in these times you can purchase recording equipment cheap that takes up little room.

I presently have my home studio that I call "Riodosa 40 Studio" that I employ a pre-amp with CD player that I plug my steel into. From the pre-amp I go into a dual cassette player and then into a larger amp for pumping out to dual speakers. I also Y to the computer where I run my product through "Audiobox USB" and then into my computer studio i.e., Sony Acid Studio 9.0. It gives unlimited tracks which I can mix.

Before going into the computer I use the Cassette Tapes to review the track. That way I have less computer noise on the track.
Played the Steel from 1948. Have had the opportunity to play a multitude of Military venues considering I spent over 32 years with the U.S. Army. Got to play in many foreign countries which was fantastic. Married to the same woman for more than 57 years. Have children, all of them served in the military. 7 Grandchildren.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 12:42 am    

Computer noise ? can you define what you are hearing ?

Are you talking about a FAN at the rear of the PC or some sort of embedded electronic noise ?

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website