The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Johnny McKnight Died from Oklahoma & California Musician.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 6:55 am    

Our dear old friend Bass Guitarist - Singer " Johnny McKnight " passed away..... Liver failure.... Another Oklahoma brother gone home into music heaven band. .... R.I.P. Johnny and may God our Father heal the pain with your Family. Crying or Very sad

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 9:12 pm    

Johnny and I talked all the time on Facebook. I'll miss him. Sad

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2018 7:24 pm    

This really saddens me! Johnny and I were buds for a long time. I worked with him at the old Swizzle Stik in Huntington Beach in the sixties and early seventies, then later at the Paddock across from the Los Alamitos Race Track. He and his wife Kay were high school sweethearts and were married for 58 years. My daughter used to babysit his 3 girls when his wife wanted to come to the club on a Saturday night back in the day... I'm sorry if I'm rambling on but this really gets to me. On our cross country trips back to California from Virginia my wife Kay and I always stopped in Sand Springs, OK and spent a day or two at John's house. Here's a shot taken at the VFW in Riverside one year when John and I were back in SoCal at the same time. John on bass and me on guitar, and you (Leo) on drums.... There'll be a memorial and jam session at his house on May the 19th for any who knew John and can make it...JH in Va.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2018 8:30 pm    

Jerry, I cherish all the moments of life we have all been together on stage and off... Let alone the friendship we all have as brotherhood Musicians no matter where we live. R.I.P. Johnny Crying or Very sad