The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Quarterly meeting!
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 5:01 am    

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will hold their quarterly meeting on Sunday, April 29, 2018.
It will be held from noon until 5pm (or so) at the V.F.W. Post #5392, 134 Shove Street in Tiverton, Rhode Island.
Please bring a dish to share for the "pot luck" meal and bring your song ideas to share!
Should be a fun time.
Hope to see you there!

Pete Hart - Secretary of RISGA

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 3:57 am    

Looking forward to the meeting. Roger Trahan will be doing double duty next Sunday. He will be guiding us trough the circle jamming 12-4:30pm, and then picking with the band "Rachel Landry & the Western Partners" 6-10pm.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2018 8:51 am    

OH well looks like I won't be able to make this one either. I will be at the New England Steel Guitar show witch we have at least twice a month and this Sunday we have two new members and one is a 21 year old young Woman who does nothing but good old country music and is a fantastic Yodeler This is what we all need is younger country music singers. Us older ones are fading away. I have missed all R.I.S.G.A. meetings since your Steel Show. I wish both organizations can get their heads together and let the other know who is playing when a head of time. N.E.S.G.A. has May 20TH June 10TH and 24TH July 8 TH and 29TH August 12 TH September 16TH and 30TH October 14TH November 18 TH and December 9TH. It would be nice to let the other know ahead of time. Lets get our heads together we are missing a lot of good times. I think both organization should get their heads together Thank You Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 1 May 2018 4:10 am     It Was a Blast

The April 29th quarterly jam was a ton of fun as usual. We had Larry Silvia on key board and his wife Fidelis on bass for the first time. Many thanks go out to Vice President Jo Vierra for her submissions to the local papers Portsmouth Times and Newport Daily news. Speaking of the Newport Daily News, a photographer came and took pictures that were published in the paper a day later. Josephine also contacts NBC Channel 10 for each RISGA meeting. RISGA is an impressive steel association with President Jim Rice doing a newsletter before each quarterly meeting. Mark your calendar. Jim secured July 29th for the next quarterly meeting and September 22nd for the big annual show at the Tiverton VFW, 134 Shove St., Tiverton, RI.

Paul McEvoy

Baltimore, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2018 10:53 am    

Is there a mailing list you could put me on? Also one for New England generally?

Paulmcevoy75 At. Gmail dot com.

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2018 4:09 am    

Hey Paul, I'll send you an email with some info on RISGA. Our next jam and meeting is July 29. We also have an annual show in October that's a real blast. Hope to see you sometime.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2018 4:08 am    

Hi Paul, come to the July 29th meeting. All are welcome. Jim, the annual show is September 22 this year. I think the Tiverton VFW was already booked with other venues for October.