The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Schild Steel Guitar
Jack Stepick

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2018 4:15 am    

Does anyone have any information regarding the black mica Schild steel being sold on one of the steel guitar FB pages,
previous owner, etc.? Originally listed as being on consignment.

Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2018 11:32 am    

do you have a link to the sale post?

Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 3:19 am    

that's mine...

Smile

Niklas Widen

Uppsala, Sweden
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 6:38 am    

Is this the one posted on fb? Don’t know the seller, but I just saw this listing:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/d/pedal-steel-guitar-schild/6571778438.html

Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 5:15 am    

an S 12 might be a little unique, but for someone who looks for one the price here is a steal.
believe me: there's no better guitar on the market. honestly!!!

Daniel Morris

Westlake, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 1:53 pm    

Niklas, I believe that is the same Schild guitar as on facebook, where it's being sold by a certain individual with a sordid history of ripping off steel guitarists, especially newbies.
Jack, it's a U12, and not black.
The Schild is definitely an eye-catcher, but even if I made the trek to see it in person, I'm not sure I'd trust that seller.
(Hint: the guy is banned from the Forum. You - or anyone - can send me a PM for his name, but it rhymes with 'con' for some inexplicable reason.)
2011 Bear Creek MK Weissenborn
Milkman 40W Mini amps w/Telonics 15" speaker.
Dr. Z Surgical Steel w/TT 15" speaker.
Frenzel MB-50 head.
Spaceman, Empress, Origin, Eventide, Pigtronix.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 4:43 am    

Yes I would recommend, due to this seller, only purchasing face to face and PayPal with buyer protection only DO NOT purchase unseen.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 6:02 am    

I would fly to Europe and buy one in person there before I'd buy anything from this seller.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 9:17 am    

Jim Cohen wrote:
I would fly to Europe and buy one in person there before I'd buy anything from this seller.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rolls Royce made me laugh. Glad he didn't compare it to another high quality car marque.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 10:31 am    

Daniel Morris wrote:
Niklas, I believe that is the same Schild guitar as on facebook, where it's being sold by a certain individual with a sordid history of ripping off steel guitarists, especially newbies.
Jack, it's a U12, and not black.
The Schild is definitely an eye-catcher, but even if I made the trek to see it in person, I'm not sure I'd trust that seller.
(Hint: the guy is banned from the Forum. You - or anyone - can send me a PM for his name, but it rhymes with 'con' for some inexplicable reason.)

Daniel,
Yep it’s the same one as on Facebook by the same seller. Wonder who it belonged to? Sad that someone probably traded it to the seller for one of those steels the seller is “building”....the ones that have the1- 2 year past promised delivery date named after the automobile.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2018 2:08 am    

Well the Craigslist posting is gone “removed by owner” so I guess someone bought it. Best of luck to them.