The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  S10 Emmons PP - Resto Completed
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 3:22 am    

Here is a cool old Emmons S10 I just finish up. The finish was ok so this was more of a teardown, clean, polish, and put back together. I think the owner will be happy as she play and sound great now.

See all the picture here:
http://www.p2pamps.com/mark

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 5:05 am    

That's a great looking guitar and a fantastic restoration! I have a 76 P/P that needs a few new tuners. The Klusons are what I need. Can you tell me where you got the tuners and any size requirements I need to know when ordering? I ordered some single tuners from Bobbe Seymour once, but the the stem that the button top sits on were not all the same size, so I have a short one on the second string.

Thanks!

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 5:45 am    

Dave Alfstad wrote:
That's a great looking guitar and a fantastic restoration! I have a 76 P/P that needs a few new tuners. The Klusons are what I need. Can you tell me where you got the tuners and any size requirements I need to know when ordering? I ordered some single tuners from Bobbe Seymour once, but the the stem that the button top sits on were not all the same size, so I have a short one on the second string.

Thanks!

Thanks for your comments.

You can get Klusons here:
https://www.wdmusic.com/kluson_3_per_side_nickel_oval_metal_button_double_line.html

Cheers

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 7:51 am    

Oh that color!!! Beautiful job Mike!!

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 7:52 am    

Marty Broussard wrote:
Oh that color!!! Beautiful job Mike!!

Thanks Marty...

Don Mogle

Round Rock, TX, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2018 4:35 am     Tuners

Mike,

Can you still get the butterfly tuners anymore? I've heard these sound the best. Do you have any experience in testing the two types of tuners?

Thanks,

Don

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2018 4:43 am     Re: Tuners

Don Mogle wrote:
Mike,

Can you still get the butterfly tuners anymore? I've heard these sound the best. Do you have any experience in testing the two types of tuners?

Thanks,

Don

Well, You can scare those up here on the forum. Some guys take those off and put the one with the little button knob on them. I have never heard anyone say a butterfly tuner sounds better? Klusons yes, butterflys... I don't know.

Waisznor

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 9:41 am    

I´ve never seen anything like this on a push-pull-steel; a simple and ingenious way to eliminate cabinet drop for the 6th string (G#):

A third bellcrank with a halftone-tuner on the pedal A crossbar for the G# pull-rod!

Steve Pawlak

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 10:41 am    

Nice Mac 250

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 10:48 am    

I don't notice a significant cabinet drop problem on my 6th string, which is a 22w (I raise 7 rather than lower 6). Is cabinet drop on the 6th string more of a problem with an unwound string? Or am I missing something here?

Waisznor

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 11:40 am    

I have a S10 like Mike Scaggs restored (see Photos). I use always a 20 plain on the 6th string and raise the 7th string. I had never significant cabinet drop problems on my D10 ´s Push Pulls. May be the smaller body is the reason for some cabinetdrop.

Last edited by Waisznor on 17 Jul 2019 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 2 May 2018 12:22 pm    

Waisznor wrote:
I´ve never seen anything like this on a push-pull-steel; a simple and ingenious way to eliminate cabinet drop for the 6th string (G#):

A third bellcrank with a halftone-tuner on the pedal A crossbar for the G# pull-rod!

Ok, so that has nothing to do with cabinet drop. That extra bell crack on the low G# is for a sudo split. When you drop 6 a full step you can hit the A pedal and get the half tone.

Cheers