INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  space
b0b

Cloverdale, Northern California
Post Posted 9 Apr 2018 10:37 pm     Reply with quote

[seen on reddit r/jokes]

NASA was experimenting with different animals in space.

Monkeys were an obvious choice, but they had no patience. Mice chewed all the cables, dogs were too stupid and chickens were always scared. It seemed the only animal that could cope with the intense stress of space travel was a chilled out alley cat.

After a few months of testing and training, he was ready for his first mission. The cat was to embark on a journey to Saturn's moon, Titan, to discover if life would be sustainable...

The rocket prepares for take off.

BLAST OFF!!

UP

UP

UP

UP

UP

<sup>UP</sup>

<sub>up</sub>

...and POW the cat bursts through Earth's atmosphere and begins his journey as the first feline in outer space.

A few weeks go by, and after a while the cat starts to get bored. He spots a red planet nearby, and although he tries to resist the temptation, he sets the shuttle on a new course. Before Houston could stop him, he lands on Mars.

Houston sends a probe to investigate what the hell the cat was up to and why he decided to venture so far off course.

The probe gets to Mars and finds tracks, which lead it to an area of wreckage and signs of a fight.

The cat is dead, flat as a pancake on the ground and a robot, once sent to explore Mars, had cat remains trodden into its tracks.

It was clear... Curiosity killed the cat.

Rochester, New York, USA
Post Posted 10 Apr 2018 7:07 am     Reply with quote

There was much despair at Houston at the tragic end of the mission, and the techs and scientists prepared to leave the control room. Suddenly a voice called out "Hold on, I've got an idea!"

They turned and saw this old fella there. Nobody quite knew what he did there but he was part of the team somehow.

"Y'all are giving up too quick!" he said. "Now tell me, does that probe have a speaker?"

There was much discussion of whether sound could travel in the Martian atmosphere, but finally it was determined that it could.

"I'll be right back" the guy said, and headed to the parking lot. He soon was back, carrying a CD. On his instructions the probe closely approached the body of the cat. The guy instructed that full battery power be applied to the system, at which point he produced a Rolling Stones disc, selected a track, and hit "play".

After a few moments, the cat gave a twitch, another verse went by and the cat quivered and rolled over. When the song ended, there was the cat, none the worse for the wear!

The scientists asked the guy how he did that, and he just shrugged and said "I grew up in the '60's!" and walked out.

It

took

some

thinking

before

they

realized....

Curiosity killed the cat
But Satisfaction brought it back!

Boston, MA
Post Posted 21 Apr 2018 6:44 am     Reply with quote

When I'm ridin' round the world