The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Junior knights Jam
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 5:50 am    

Well, I had a great time yesterday at Juniors Jam in beautiful Canton, Texas. There were 10 Steelers that showed up, and 2 drummers and 2 bassists that swapped around. We sat in a semi circle and went round the horn jamming on whoever's song was chosen. A great time indeed. Junior, let's do it again. There was some great improvisations on every song. Just wanted to say thanks again for hosting this nice event.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 10:18 am    

Congrat's to Junior for a great time. Definitely the Super Bowl of Steel Players.

Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 3:35 pm    

Thank you Larry for the kind words. It was so great to have this many players take the time and make the effort to showcase their God given talents.To everyone who was there, a big thank you.And L T...you played awesome sir! Everyone did except one guy sooooo. I will just watch and listen next time...lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 6:24 pm    

I just got one word junior........bull hockey! You played amazing. (Maybe 2 words) as good as I've heard. Junior Knight is the best, a good man, to top it off!
Later buddy!
LT

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2018 1:14 am    

Jr. Knight is the major reason I wanted to play steel guitar. I watched him back in the 70's weekly on television. He can still play extremely well.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2018 9:37 am    

What a GREAT endeavor!!! I have for a long time expressed that, due to the lack of playing opportunities for steel player,,,everyone,,,regardless of skill level should consider inviting others to your house,,or whatever facility is needed for an afternoon of music. We could include 2-3,,,or several player of similar taste and skill levels for a jam, critique or whatever one would feel comfortable calling it. Maybe even a more advanced player to play and offer suggestions to less accomplished players. I myself intend to initiate something as soon as I can finish up a few projects.

GOOD on you Jr.!!!!!

I recognize Jr. of course,,and Joan, Roger, David,,,,who are the others in the picture? Wouldn't by chance be Steve P. behind David???

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 3:40 am    

I had a Great time, Great music, Great People....Thank you Jr for the invite...

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 4:02 pm    

It was not Steve P. in the photo.