The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 / Effects
Chuck Morel

Pottersville, New York
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 4:00 am    

Hello all, as you know I just bought a new Nashville 112. The amp has great power to cut through and I have tried a few various set ups yet my sound just has no color or life to it. New guitar new amp great power no tone to speak of. Is an effects processor the next thing that I "have to have" to get a good sound. I don't want a million pedals sitting around my guitar so I guess I'm headed in that direction. Any thoughts on a somewhat cost effective way to get in to a processor. You guys got me this far, I'm listening.
Thanks. Chuck

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 5:32 am    

I use a (discontinued) Line 6 POD X3 for effects (effects only no amp modeling). Since this is a discontinued model you should be able to pick one up at a good price. I like mine so much, I bought a second one off of e-bay for a spare.

My main program (Tones as Line 6 calls them) is Delay/Reverb. I also have a program for Chorus, Leslie Sim and Phase.

I see several on e-bay in the $200 range.

Chuck Morel

Pottersville, New York
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 5:50 am    

Thanks Jack, your always very helpful.
Chuck

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 9:43 am     Re: Nashville 112 / Effects

Chuck Morel wrote:
Hello all, as you know I just bought a new Nashville 112. The amp has great power to cut through and I have tried a few various set ups yet my sound just has no color or life to it. New guitar new amp great power no tone to speak of. Is an effects processor the next thing that I "have to have" to get a good sound. I don't want a million pedals sitting around my guitar so I guess I'm headed in that direction. Any thoughts on a somewhat cost effective way to get in to a processor. You guys got me this far, I'm listening.
Thanks. Chuck

How many hours you got on it?? Mine felt the same way until the speaker was broke in. How picky are you? Strymon Brigadier Analog delay is superb. Very high fidelity. On board reverb ok..my money on Neuanaber Wet reverb mono in your case.

John Goux

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 11:36 pm    

Black box.
J

Mathew Peluso

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2018 8:05 am    

Ditto on the Black Box and the Neunaber reverb to round out the Nashville 112. I also use a Strymon El Capistan for delay. I've never heard a better digital interpretation of tape delay. Worth every penny.

(John, I don't know if you remember me but I used to work for Lawrence in Encino. Small world!)

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2018 5:45 pm     Nv 112

Chuck, I use a Peavey Tubefex to the 112 and it's all the power and tone you need.