The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville trip 4/3 - 4/5/18
Dave Ouvry

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2018 8:02 am    

Here's a belated report from my second annual Nashville trip. Steel guitar players that I saw were: Tuesday 4/3 - Eddie Lange at Second Fiddle at 3pm, Vic Lawson at Nashville Palace at 7, Rusty Danmeyer at Music City Bar and Grille starting at 8. Wednesday 4/4 - Tyler Hall and Layla's at 2pm, Eddie Lange with a different band at Legends at 4. Thursday 4/5 - Tom Killen at Legends at 3pm, Chris Bauer at Layla's at 8.
At Music City Bar and Grille on Tuesday, Eddie Lange played bass with Rusty and the Music City Playboys. Moe Bandy walked out and sang "Bandy, the Rodeo Clown" with the band. Then Rhonda Vincent came out and sang "It's a Cheating Situation" with Moe. Later Rhonda came back and sang "Beneath Still Waters".
Really fun to see these fantastic pickers and singers play in these clubs.

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2018 5:06 pm    

Sounds like it was a great time. Rhonda Vincent is a very talented singer. That would have been a real treat with Moe Bandy. Would be great to live, say a hour away from Nashville. Would be fun hanging out there. I was there about 10 years ago. Was like a kid in a candy store!!!!

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2018 5:55 pm    

Thanks for stopping by, Dave. Though I’m not sure my name deserves to be mentioned with the real players you saw, I’m glad you got an earful of steel. (And Moe Bandy and Rhonda Vincent to boot!)

I see a lot of complaints about there being no steel to hear in Nashville but a bunch of us are working all the time. If someone wants to hear it, on almost any day there’s plenty to be heard both downtown and elsewhere.

Hope to see you down here again soon.

Vic Lawson

White House, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 8:41 am    

Glad you got to hear a lot of good music Dave! Thanks for stopping by the Palace!