The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vegas 400 vs Nashville 400
Ed Boyd

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 5:22 am    

Is the Vegas 400 an upgrade from the Nashville 400. Is the difference noticeable.

I have one of the early Nashville 400s with the silver corners and original Black Widows.

Thanks

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 6:08 am     Vegas 400 vs. Nashville 400

I bought a Nashville 400 when they first came out. I was in Herb Remington's steel guitar store and mentioned that I was not happy with the low end. He said I should have got a Vegas 400. Pretty much the same amp but in a larger cabinet with better bass. I never tried a Vegas, so I don't know if this is true or not.

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 9:20 am    

The first year the Nash & Vegas 400's came out the PSGA
had both Buddy Emmons & Jeff Newman on their show. Both played through both amps at the same time, and of course sounded spectacular. At the end of the show, Buddy & Jeff were standing there talking. I went up to them and asked: " If you were going to buy only one of those amps, which one would it be?"

Jeff looked at Buddy, and Buddy answered "The Nashville".
When I asked him why, he said, "more bass".
Maybe he was thinking secretly about having to lug them around...
YMMV

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 9:42 am    

The main difference is the Vegas has two channels where the Nashville only has one. The amp circuitry and power output is the same in amps of the same era.

The Vegas is nice for people that play 2 instruments, say steel and fiddle or steel and guitar etc. This way, you can use one input and set of eq controls etc. for steel and the other set for another instrument so that you don't have to change settings when you change instruments.

The Vegas cabinet is larger yes, about the same size as the old Session 400 and likely does enhance the low end.

Most players that don't play 2 instruments prefer the Nashville due to the smaller size and lesser weight.

If you want to see the specifications of ea. go to www.peavey.com. Select Support, Manuals, Archives then use the alphabetical listing to find the amps.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 7:01 pm    

I know Jeff preferred the Nashville.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Ed Boyd

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 8:06 pm    

Thanks a lot gentlemen!

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 9:26 am    

Had both. Kept the Vegas. The extra channel is a plus, and the bass response was a little better. And it was easier to sell the Nashville!

Weight not much different.