The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Can't find styles
Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2018 1:40 pm    

I have BIAB 2014. After a while I bought and installed 2 additional style packs. A while back I got a new computer and installed BIAB and the 2 style packs in it. BIAB works fine in the new computer I just don't have the 2 extra style packs. In the old computer I have 1146 styles and 388 country styles which I am only interested in. In the new computer I have only 687 styles and 158 country styles. I have been through 3 techs at PG music and no one has any ideas. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
Thanks Bill

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 9:07 pm    

Assuming you've done a styles 'rebuild' in
biab and still don't 'see' them, have your
OS search for *.sty then see where the
missing ones are located.

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2018 5:10 pm    

Russ, Thanks for your input. I did a rebuild again and after it is done a window comes up and says it "found 1660 styles. If I look at the styles page in the upper left column it says "all styles 718" I searched *sty and found styles only in the BIAB folder. In the Country Styles#26 that I bought there is a MS WORD doc listing all the styles in #26 that I bought and some styles appear to be missing. I tried to download them again and I keep getting a message that the website doesnt have a certificate. I downloaded it anyway. Afterward it said something was wrong but I dont remember offhand exactly what it said. I have also downloaded it from the CD that I bought and removed and reinstalled the program from CD or download and that doesnt do anything to fix it either. I have been fooling with this for 4 months off and on as I get the energy and another idea to give it another shot.

Thanks Bill

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 5:56 pm    

Got it finally figured out where the styles went.
Bill