The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Phill Baugh’s pedals
Ronnie Myers

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 7:21 pm    

Msa was said to have made Phill Baugh pedals for his guitar i. Worked a few sessions with him at cbs studios nashville and was fassinsted with his rig wanted one for years anybody no how to order one or who to talk to that makes them i have seen a few with the tele but missed out ???

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 8:12 pm    

Not an MSA unit, but I saw one similar on one of the online auction sites, ebay or reverb.com that someone is building now. Looks very similar to the unit Phil used. Detachable unit with 6 floor pedals, cables etc.

I saw it just a few days ago and I've looked all over for it but I can't seem to find it now.

Edit: I did find it, but it appears the listing has been closed. I may have been wrong about future builds. This may have been a one off. Anyway, Private Message me if you would like a link to the original listing.

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2018 2:40 pm    

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/d/bender-guitar-foot-pedal/6559678237.html

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 4:39 am     Phil Baugh

I seem to remember it was Gibson that built the rig on the T-60?

Chance Wilson

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 6:41 am    

There were Les Pauls & T60s installed with the MSA pedal pitch. The guy that built the 6 pedal Cl thing is on Facebook. Now that I've seen the CL pics, they look pretty hand made.

MSA design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbUR6wI5w8s

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 6:19 pm    

I owned this one for several years, it was made and installed by MSA.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 8:59 am    

Dave Zirbel wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/d/bender-guitar-foot-pedal/6559678237.html

if i had $2500 to play with...i would buy this in a sec!!! i talked to phil before he passed. he said he was looking for someone to build these, but it never happened.

the rig i would want would be his gibson L5S that he had this unit in. that would be sweet!

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 10:06 am    

I never really adapted to the one I had, and since I played pedal steel, it was just easier to play steel. The cable attachment threw the guitar way out of balance and you had to hold the neck down to play it. It also broke strings worse than any pedal steel I ever had.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.